Battery Coding in VCDS for new RS5 battery

Hi all

I was hoping to tap into the combined experience of those on this forum in relation to the recoding of a new Battery into the RS5 (MY15). I have watched Ape’s very excellent video on it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zDEXfSsk8k) but still looking for some advice about the coding given the battery purchased has numerous numbers on it but no BEM code and the numbers are longer than the VCDS coding instructions refer to. I have attached some photos so you can see the various numbers available on the battery. There is the “Varta Code” number with a QR code also which looks most closely like the BEM code on the OEM battery as well as a traditional bar code but then there are three other strings of code on the battery housing also per the pictures supplied. The issue is each of those 5 separate codes has 12 or more digits in it whereas VCDS says 11 Digits for Battery Part Number, 3 Digits for Battery Vendor and 10 Digits for Battery Serial Number.

My OEM Battery code is 8K0915105F MLA 141015FCC1 (12V 520A 110Ah DIN)

The new battery is 12V 105Ah 950Ah so I am not minded to try just changing one number to trick the car to see a new battery and they have slightly different specs.

The new Battery is a Varta AGM and is the same dimensions exactly to the OEM.

And yes I did contemplate an Antigravity Lithium supplied by RMR but the cost was a little beyond me at this point…yes this new battery is very heavy!

Thanks for any help before I start punching in numbers to VCDS!

Varta1

From what I have a Varta 105ah AGM coding would be:
4L0915105 VA0
For the serial number without trying multiple combinations of the numbers you posted I’m not sure. If you want a genaric serial number for a 105ah AGM try 000915105CD or 310314E04G

Thanks for the response. I did quite a bit more research and found a video that refered to a chart that translates one of the serial numbers of the Varta battery to a date and month. That along with some other material I read led me to conclude the correct BEM code to be 000915105CF VA0 2012081073. First time I tried it I had no gap between the part number and the VA0 and it came back invalid, I then added a space and it accepted it.

It seems the code on the battery that reads Z5G0800831073 means the battery was manufactured in Germany in December 2020. Who would’ve thought! This can then be translated into 201208 (being 8 Dec 2020) plus 1073 being the last four digits in the serial number.

I also didnt lose any memory settings (radio etc) other than for the trip meter which went back to zero. Took the car for a short drive and all good, certainly fired up much more happily and the old battery was definitiely on its last legs.

Thanks for the info.

I had a road side assist guy test my battery and said it was all good. Standing voltage 12.82v, rated to 950 CCA but was at 805 CCA.

My rs5 had TPMS, Park Brake and suspension errors and it was rev limiting so I was sure it was the battery.

Anyway I change the battery, recoded for 000915105DL VAO 3888030622 and all is good.

My question is; if I recoded to 00805100DL VAO 3888030622 would that have worked ? Ie. Telling the car the battery had less capacity ?

What would the first part of the code be for the 95 Ah VARTA AGM? According to what I found should work with 8K0915105E or 000915105AH and then can check under measuing block 011 that it says, in my case, 95 Ah and yours 105 Ah. No issues yet I guess. I am unsure if the last part of the BEM matters at all.