Battery issues starting

To start off I haven’t gotten to test the battery yet but I have over the past 2 weeks have ran into an incident where my car won’t want to start, its completely inconsistent. My voltage when cranking drops to about 8v then sits around 11 when it stops clicking from not starting. Haven’t got any codes that would cause this. But after I jump the car its fine for days, starts right up no problem. Im not sure what I should check, I’m going to test the battery tomorrow.

Do you have an electrical leak somewhere? Pretty sure I have one, just haven’t gotten the chance to diagnose it yet.

No it was in fact the battery. Got a new one in and haven’t had an issue since.

I suspect I may have an electrical leak.

During Covid, my battery would go down to 5% (and barely start) after 2 weeks of inactivity. It could just be a massively degraded battery (VAG/Varta 3yrs old) which has been drained/jumpstarted maybe 6-8 times over it’s short lifetime. I finally broke down and replaced it.

But how can I diagnose an electrical leak?

Check your fan motors. That was the culprit in mine when my battery was draining. Seems to be a common issue as they die.

New battery installed, and so far it seems like my prior are gone. I can leave the car in the garage for a week and it’ll still read battery=100% in MMI.

but just in case, how do you check the fan motors? VAG-com? DMM?