Big issues after try to use CRC gdi cleanner

Hello
I from Portugal and living in France, about 4 years i bought a S6 C6 with 186000 km with engine replaced by Audi warranty now it has 243000km.
So a week ago i got a somes errors after i used a CRC gdi valve cleanner, before that the engine was running great but now its really bad only at idling, really rough idling
The codes are P0017, P0300 , P0301 , P0305 , P0303 , P0304.
I already went to audi and they told me that its a desynchronization between camshaft and crankshaft and they have to take off the engine to continue the diagnostic to find out whats the issue , they ask for 9500€.
I already did the carbon cleaning , new injectors , new APR coilpacks , new denzo sparkplugs, all four camshafts solenoids are new , new PCV valve , new joints for the intake ( new intake with the letter M at the end) also joints for the Y piece and throttle bodys.
All of this done at May 2023.
If you guys can send me in right path to solve this issue would be much appreciated.
Please dont ask me for a vag scan because i dont have it and i dont know anyone with that tool and Audi wont give the scan.
Best regards.

You can remove valve covers, and check if the synchronization is really off by putting camshaft locks on it.

Hi Dluji11.
Do you believe that by using the valve cleaner spray could cause camshafts to be off sync and if so what can i do to correct it.
This is un issue that i never heard off besides the normal repair which is replacing the timing chain. Even worse, on this car i cant find any info about this code , even more i dont even know which camshaft is.
Best regards

It looks like a timing chains issue… I don’t see any other solution than replacing the timing chains. You have a sync issue on one bank, the passenger side. It brings P0017 error code and misfires on cylinders 1 to 5.

This, or camshaft adjusters, or camshaft sensors, or camshaft adjuster valves. Best way do check is to put the locks on the camshafts and crankshaft to see if they fit.

Well , i see that i have no option about dropping the engine.
Thanks for help and patience that you had with me .
About the S6 i think i’m sell it because i dont patience and finances to spend with it unfortunately, i have 3 kids and their more important .
Still its very hard to believe that a small quantity of valve cleaner could do something like this to the engine.
Anyway thanks again for help and congrats for this site it helped me a lot through out the hard times i had with my S6.
Best regards.

You don’t need to drop the engine to check timing chain synchronization. Camshaft and crankshaft locks only require to remove valve covers, belly pan and remove one plug for crankshaft locking pin.

From where are you in France ? I’m from Toulouse.

Yes i understood what you said , it was just me expressing my thoughts because with the luck i have probably i have to drop engine and near where i live i dont know anyone that knows this type of engine that i can thrust with besides Audi .
Sorry if i didn’t explained myself better.
Best regards.

Salut .
I’m from Chambéry / Savoie .

If you need to talk more about the problem, we can have a call.

Hi Matt , thanks for your concern but i think I’m going to sell it as it is.
Like i said before i dont have the patience and the finances to take care of the car ,i’m always working in the mountains only have the weekend to do whatever e need to do. This is a love and hate car , even with the problems i still love the car but i hate when it breaks down and i need the car till 23 this month to do a trip to Portugal with family therefore need to sell it fast.
Again thank you very much for your care .
Best regards.

Just remember it can still be Something Simplus, as one of the camshaft sensors, or camshaft adjustment valve. These cars ain’t that easy to sell, especially if there is Something wrong with the engine. I would at least try to diagnose the problem first.

But i already did that at the dealership and they told me 100% sure that the camshafts passenger side are desynchronized with the crankshaft and all the test they made shows then that and advised not to continue the repairs due to the age and kms of the car.
So 9500€ to drop down the engine and repair the camshafts and if the problem is bigger then they think it could go up to 20000€ , i have de invoice from the dealership.
About the camshafts sensors i already swapped them and nothing changed , for the camshafts adjustment valves i didn’t touch because they are not very easy to access but they don’t even have a year of use.
I know that i can be done with someone that knows how to do the job for half the price , like i said i don’t know anyone to do the job well that i can thrust , usually every mechanic knows how to this job but this is not a everyday car.
Best regards.

This is my S6 , nothing fancy just rs6 exaust look a like and 20x10 ET40.

There is a garage near Toulouse that could do the job for far less. They have done it for me (timing chains, oil leaks, heads rebuild with valve seals) for around 5000€.

OMG what a carnage . Did you get your car all fix up no more problems?
How can i get the contact to the garage to talk with them to see what can they do about my car , and the time it takes?