C6 S6 under the knife

Finally got the car up to Mekhanykal LLC in Minnesota to start the work on my custom exhaust. Now it’s just the waiting game for the phone call to pick her up lol.

If your able to in your location I would deff pull out the cats. If you get the JHM tune you won’t need to use suplimental cats and you can get the most power out of the car. Also you won’t get the bad smell others might get by pulling out the cats as JHM sorts that out in the tune a swell.

Exhaust is a nice chunk of power to go with the way better sound.

1 Like

Yep in Iowa we don’t have emissions testing but I just want to play it safe with a high flow cat on each side. Otherwise if I remember correctly it’s 3” back to a pair of Magnaflow bullet style mufflers.

The JHM tune is a bit further down the road right now. I still need the intake spacers, lightweight flywheel, brake upgrade and some other things.

Good list. The intake spacers are a big help. The other JHM bits are great supporting parts as well. the crank pulley tends to loose it’s rubber seal. So upgrading it to the JHM unit not only gives performance but it helps remove a prone to fail over time part.

1 Like

Good to know that bud. Thank you. I figure when I do a carbon cleaning I’ll do the spacers. Still in the air for the SAI delete.

Dump it. The SAI is a hassle. If you’re doing anything with the cats. There is then no point to the SAI as the SAIs main point is to warm the cats.

The SAI is the cause of a big amount of harsh start issues.

1 Like

SAI delete was such a great upgrade to the JHM tune!

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks for the knowledge guys!

Almost done. Just waiting on new tips for the exhaust.

Would love to hear the new roar, did u change the downpipes?

I had the 4 catalytic converters removed as the 2 driver side cats were plugged. They put in 2 high flow cats and built me a full 3” exhaust with a x-pipe and Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers.

Here’s a link to my Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/CRenFW-lS66/?utm_medium=copy_link