Can I get some experienced insight

Long story short I am looking to get into a B8S4 and i have been following the community for awhile. I got into a debate on these headers and they are a Chinese knock off of eurocodoes which seems to be like a quality rep of super sprint, i think?

Anyways they even go as far to steal pics and description from eurocode. I have never had good experience buying cheap Chinese crap like this.

Can someone tell me from a technical perspective why these headers suck. From what i have read the B8 S4 does not have any gain from headers even if you have every other mod.

I just wanted to hear from someone experienced and knowledgeable which is impossible to find on audizoo.

TIA

http://s.aliexpress.com/uimieAfY

don’t bother with headers. They do fuck all. Be they chinese or eurocode, both suppliers are scamming you for thousands of dollras that make you no faster than stock exhaust.

As do most, if not all, exhaust mods on this car. Buy a catback to make it sound different/louder if you want. But otherwise, save your money. They don’t help. Not high flow cats. Not test pipes. Not catbacks. The cars have not yet been limited by exhaust so there’s no point.

Clear enough?

Don’t believe it? After 6 years the fastest 3.0T s4/s5 1/4 mile record in the world was set with a car with stock exhaust.

Loe B8.5 S5 3.0T Auto 93+E85 GIAC S2 stock downpipes/stock catback TVSr1320 11.48 119.69 1.65 GIAC TCU, AWE pulley, AFe Pro 5r filter, airbox mod

Pretty much what Saki said… I wouldn’t buy either and that’s coming for a guy who put HFC’s on back in 2011 or so… IMO Eurocode is the biggest scam Audi vendor company out there but I won’t get into that… Given the value proposition if one must choose I’d pick the “Chineese knock offs” all day everyday… I’ve been saying for years the gains on this car with stock blower will come from the intake side and APR has proven that, yet some still don’t believe that and will go and buy headers instead… lol

Who cares what folks on Vendorzine say, it’s their money let them spend it/waste it as they wish… Don’t drive yourself crazy over what others do/feel/believe/etc.

You also seem hung up on the whole stealing design concept, trust me EC didn’t do much design/testing… It’s funny as some of the individuals posting have in your terms stolen from GMG/JHM and are not producing pulley’s that undercut the cost of others, don’t spend the money on a vendor agreement, and didn’t test said part until others like Jones pointed it out…

Saki, You need to do some updates to the 1/4 mile thread! lol

I know it’s horrible.

I nominate you to update it…you’re far more in the loop than me. I barely post on audi sites anymore.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758891

Thanks for the info I dunno why i was wasting my time arguing with these audizoo idiots.

If your OEM cats fail, I would consider headers at that time (not because of the gains though, because there will be nothing of significance…) if you are looking for extra sound. The reason I say “if your OEM cats fail…” (because they eventually will), the OEM cat removal is the reason for the expensive labor, once those are removed, the access to the headers are pretty simple and shouldn’t take too much time over the usual HFC/test-pipe install.

But like others said, not worth it, especially if your OEM cats are fine. I may pick up a set of long-tubes though, Ron knows the reason behind my unlucky HFC events lol

what does Loe know…only the fastest stock exhaust 3.0T ever :slight_smile: