Chasis or Tranny Issue?

I am trying to isolate a slight vibration on my 2013 and have a few trains of thought. The vibration is felt more on the pedals/chasis vs. the steering wheel.

1. tires just need to warm up or rebalanced. They have less than 2000 miles on them.
  2. The control arm bushings are shot and need new ones.
  3. The transmission could be going or it’s manifested into my brain from reading the posts on here.

So guys, where to start? I have no codes and the scheduled maintenance has been done at Audi dealership including a carbon clean at 90k. Currently has 102k miles and is only driven on weekends and in nice weather.

Thanks

I would say I think it’s best to help describe the event. Then once you know that. The question becomes can you at will duplicate the issue. If you can what needs to happen to do so.

Ok. I just went for a drive again. I was very ginger with it because I didn’t want to make it worst. Anyway, as I slowly accelerated, the car was shaking around 30 mph. I asked my daughter if she felt it and she even said “the shaking?” Over 30 mph it smoothed out somewhat. I took my foot off the accelerator to see if it would shake around 30 mph but it didn’t. I ended up switching to Dynamic mode at the next light and I didn’t notice the shaking. At the next light I switched to Auto and it seemed fine again. So my thoughts are it happens under load around 30 mph when slowly accelerating. @justincredible I hope that explains it more. It almost seems like this car performs happily when driven often and driven hard.

Ok well the good news is this dosen’t right off the bat sound like a DSG or transmission issue.

Speed dependent vibration or shaking starts to lend itself to a balance issue. Espically if when you back off and coast it changes.

If you keep the car at 30mph steady it will continue the entire time… or no

Is this more on the acceleration phase even if lightly doing so…

lets try to take this more of a one step at a time so we can better direct you.

I’m glad to hear you believe it’s not DSG. As for around 30 mph it became less noticeable as the car warmed up more even though it was at normal operating temp. However, yes I could still feel a little of it during acceleration

My S6 with 100k miles had a vibration only when accelerating. It wasn’t terrible but definitely noticeable. It turned out to be the front CV joints. I swapped them with a remanufactured pair I got from Marty at Raxles. Great quality, fair price, and excellent service! They’re easy to swap on the S6, maybe 30 minutes per side.

It’s hard to check them when installed, but they did seem to have a tiny amount of play. Once removed, it was much easier to notice how worn they had become.