Check Oil Level - Info dialog

Hi again,

While I’m waiting for parts to arrive for a different project on the S6, I thought it would be best to fix some of the issues that have plagued us for a while. We have a habitual warning of “Check Engine Oil Level” on the dash display. Checking the oil level shows that it is perfect, running right in the middle of the hatching on the dipstick. VCDS doesn’t list any errors or warnings. I replaced the sensor twice with the same results.

The one thing with this, the warning will go away after you pop the hood, well for about 20 min of driving, and then it returns.

I have a theory of this being related to not getting the car service reset, but it’s just a theory. I noticed that VCDS doesn’t have a file for these cars, so I’m thinking that not all the subsystems get their service interval reset?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I’d love to not have any warning chimes or icons on the dash.

Did you scan the cluster for codes? Does the cluster show hood open when the hood is open?

I know there to be a correlation between a faulty hood latch sensor causing the issue you are describing

Hello
In regards to oil level, I am having a Oil Min light come on on my dash and my oil level appears to be normal.
Did you find any resolution to your issue?

Cheers

The dash is responsive to the hood open and I’ve bypassed the hood latch sensor so it always read closed. Same issue is present. I’ve replaced the oil level switch with both genuine Audi replacement, still same issue.

I have some other gremlins occurring as well, and I’m wondering if it’s all related. For instance, the car reports that both front air bag sensors are faulted, and I get an EPC light from time to time for the throttle body No1. I’ve switched the throttle bodies and still get an error on the same side, so I do now know it’s in the wiring harness.

Last weekend disconnected the computers, shifted wiring harness, cleaned grounds on the battery where it connects to the body and just did some basic electrical maintenance. Still having the min oil level, airbags, but haven’t had the EPC light yet.

One other thing I just thought about is the HID lights, all the wires inside are significantly heat damaged, and there are a bunch of cracks in the insulation. There is a warning for this as well, but it only prevents the head light aiming from working.

I have the headlight aim code too. Welcome to the club of faculty wires in the headlights. I believe that to be my issue also.

I join the “Club” … I also have the headlight- and airbag codes.
From time to time I also get the oil level warning. Often the level is ok.
How “precise” do we have to be when checking the level… I mean it says… run engine warm, wait 2min. and check level.
If I wait longer or engine is cold I do get different readings and if the car is not “quite” level to ground it also changes quite a bit on the stick.

At one time I tried to brake/accelerate 4-5 times and the oil level warning disapeared for a week :thinking: :man_shrugging: