Checking wiring harness

EPC light and Traction Control light have returned. Want to check for corrosion on wiring harnesses starting at ECMs. Any issues with me just unplugging them. Do I need to disconnect battery? Don’t want to do something that would require a dealer reset.

Also, where can I find the pin outs for the ECUs? I have a couple of consistent intermittent
issues that keep cropping up. Makes me think it’s wiring related.

Finally, thoughts on my original post?

One of the best ways to check the wiring harness and com issues is to log the channels that are getting a code or error. You can obviously do an ohm test on the wires themselves but logging would be one of the best ways to track as much as you can and still have the car running.

Thanks, Justin.

How do I safely disconnect the ECUs?

Did you ever get this figured out? I’m fighting some of the same problems.

Throttle Body #2 (Drivers side) seems to randomly error out with “Implausible Signal” , and now the coolant level sensor (switch) will say that the coolant level is low when I have it jumpered. I actually just cut and twisted the wires as the connector looked questionable and I was going to replace it anyways.

I’m assuming that safely disconnecting the ECU’s means disconnect the battery first?

I have recently replaced the connector for TB1 because the lock tab was broken. Also replaced the zip ties on the bank2 wiring harness near cyl 10 to lock down the harness—and also at ECU2. Since then my intermittent P0023 fault seems to have disappeared.

1 Like