S5 was a no show so far as I’m aware.

My Setup:
2009 A6 3.0T
APR S2 93 Tune
Stasis Exhaust
Stoptech BBK
Custom Intake
VMR V810s(new) wrapped in Michelin PSS

Ran my best times with the gas light on.

DA was -537

Cloch and I both ran our personal bests. I’ll let him post up his results. Here are my top 3 of 16 runs total:

12.556 @ 110.57
12.557 @ 110.89
12.568 @ 110.98 (…So close to 111)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Ynnekdude/DragStrip_11_2_14_1_zps19f318f7.jpg

Up for personal bests!

12.5 in a fat ass a6? Very impressive. Pump gas I assume?

Ya S5 was a no-show. Maybe duster will chime in here.

My setup:
2011 S4
APR Stage 2v2 93 tune
93 fuel
Milltek Non-Resonated Exhaust
Roc-Euro Intake with Primetime wrap
Brand new Michelin PSS on 19" peelers

My five best times:
12.307 @ 112.89 (including spare, ~ 1/8 tank gas)
12.312 @ 111.92 (including spare, ~ 1/8 tank gas)
12.351 @ 113.09 (spare removed, ~ 1/4 tank gas)
12.389 @ 111.23 (spare removed, ~ 1/4 tank gas)
12.399 @ 111.85 (spare removed, ~ 1/8 tank gas)

http://i.imgur.com/Xa2KlLa.jpg

I made 17 additional passes, most of which were in the 12.4-12.5 range. Think I ran one or two 12.6s as well.

While I did set a new personal best, I was hoping to break into the 12.2s. Perhaps I could have done that with the 12.307 run if I had remembered to remove the spare. Ynnekdude arrived about 20 minutes after I made that pass and reminded me about the spare. Still, I think I’m close to plateauing with my current setup. I suspect with my lighter winter wheels, spare removed, and similar DA, I could run a little better - but probably not much.

I’ll update this post with time slips and a video of my best run.

As always, it was a great time, and we never really had to wait.

Yeah low 12s on 93 with normal everything (wheels brakes etc) is just about right. You might save another 2 or 3 tenths with removing 50-75 lbs of rotating mass (45-48 lb wheel/tire combo, lw rotors) and then ditch the spare, and run with the cat at 1/16 tank of gas.

But 12.30@112 is very solid for reasonably simple mods.

Yep 93!

Here’s the video of my best run:

https://vimeo.com/110728669

Props to Ynnek for breaking his previous record as well. Is that the fastest 3.0 A6 we know of?

One more thing - I know I’m going to get flamed for this . . .

I made a pretty colossal mistake on the first run of the day with Ynnekdude. For some strange reason, I went too far in the staging area and lined up the beams with my rear tires. The guy working the staging area tapped on my window and told me I needed to back up so my front tires were lined up instead. So I was communicating with him until I was properly staged . . . and then completely forgot to put the car back in drive.

Then I launched - in reverse! I caught it immediately, though - and then just went on my way down the track in shame. I was lucky that neither of the two guys working the staging area were standing behind me or anything. It was fucking embarrassing - I must have completely lost concentration. But it’s a mistake I definitely won’t make again.

And, needless to say, the video of all that will NOT be posted lol

Okay, let the flogging begin.

lol I have that time slip… 18.182 @ 78.94 :o … 6.613 60’!

Here’s video of my 12.557 run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN2aUAPhJbA&list=UURYsc7Qgo3LXYgM34J5UD6A

^^ hahaha!!

That is great. Good you arent too proud to cop to it. Says a lot in my book frankly. Good stuff. Now share that vid!

that’s awesome

I’ve seen that happen a couple of times. IT’s never on a domestic lol. Saw it on an R8 on youtube once too…

Ha - thnx. Figured I might as well share with everyone. But I think I’m holding firm on posting the video.

I’d like to see the R8 video, though!

Pics or it didnt happen :smiley:

clochner - that is freaking hilarious!

I’m mildly surprised that nobody saw your reverse lights and stopped the lights from going off!

I’d pay good money to see that in person…haha

1 The guy controlling it is standing right beside you usually, not behind. Right beside the driver.

2 they love when fancy import guys fuck up, so even if they did lol