Chicago Area 1/4 - Sunday, November 2

Up for personal bests!

12.5 in a fat ass a6? Very impressive. Pump gas I assume?

Ya S5 was a no-show. Maybe duster will chime in here.

My setup:
2011 S4
APR Stage 2v2 93 tune
93 fuel
Milltek Non-Resonated Exhaust
Roc-Euro Intake with Primetime wrap
Brand new Michelin PSS on 19" peelers

My five best times:
12.307 @ 112.89 (including spare, ~ 1/8 tank gas)
12.312 @ 111.92 (including spare, ~ 1/8 tank gas)
12.351 @ 113.09 (spare removed, ~ 1/4 tank gas)
12.389 @ 111.23 (spare removed, ~ 1/4 tank gas)
12.399 @ 111.85 (spare removed, ~ 1/8 tank gas)

http://i.imgur.com/Xa2KlLa.jpg

I made 17 additional passes, most of which were in the 12.4-12.5 range. Think I ran one or two 12.6s as well.

While I did set a new personal best, I was hoping to break into the 12.2s. Perhaps I could have done that with the 12.307 run if I had remembered to remove the spare. Ynnekdude arrived about 20 minutes after I made that pass and reminded me about the spare. Still, I think I’m close to plateauing with my current setup. I suspect with my lighter winter wheels, spare removed, and similar DA, I could run a little better - but probably not much.

I’ll update this post with time slips and a video of my best run.

As always, it was a great time, and we never really had to wait.

Yeah low 12s on 93 with normal everything (wheels brakes etc) is just about right. You might save another 2 or 3 tenths with removing 50-75 lbs of rotating mass (45-48 lb wheel/tire combo, lw rotors) and then ditch the spare, and run with the cat at 1/16 tank of gas.

But 12.30@112 is very solid for reasonably simple mods.

Yep 93!

Here’s the video of my best run:

https://vimeo.com/110728669

Props to Ynnek for breaking his previous record as well. Is that the fastest 3.0 A6 we know of?

One more thing - I know I’m going to get flamed for this . . .

I made a pretty colossal mistake on the first run of the day with Ynnekdude. For some strange reason, I went too far in the staging area and lined up the beams with my rear tires. The guy working the staging area tapped on my window and told me I needed to back up so my front tires were lined up instead. So I was communicating with him until I was properly staged . . . and then completely forgot to put the car back in drive.

Then I launched - in reverse! I caught it immediately, though - and then just went on my way down the track in shame. I was lucky that neither of the two guys working the staging area were standing behind me or anything. It was fucking embarrassing - I must have completely lost concentration. But it’s a mistake I definitely won’t make again.

And, needless to say, the video of all that will NOT be posted lol

Okay, let the flogging begin.

lol I have that time slip… 18.182 @ 78.94 :o … 6.613 60’!

Here’s video of my 12.557 run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN2aUAPhJbA&list=UURYsc7Qgo3LXYgM34J5UD6A

^^ hahaha!!

That is great. Good you arent too proud to cop to it. Says a lot in my book frankly. Good stuff. Now share that vid!

that’s awesome

I’ve seen that happen a couple of times. IT’s never on a domestic lol. Saw it on an R8 on youtube once too…

Ha - thnx. Figured I might as well share with everyone. But I think I’m holding firm on posting the video.

I’d like to see the R8 video, though!

Pics or it didnt happen :smiley:

clochner - that is freaking hilarious!

I’m mildly surprised that nobody saw your reverse lights and stopped the lights from going off!

I’d pay good money to see that in person…haha

1 The guy controlling it is standing right beside you usually, not behind. Right beside the driver.

2 they love when fancy import guys fuck up, so even if they did lol

Ya they were standing right beside me. And it wasn’t busy at all, so no one else was there to notice.

Our HPFP’s didn’t make it back to us on Friday from APR HQ :frowning: The weather was great today and sounds like not many racers showed up based on the number of runs you guys got in.

You broke your cherry. That’s happened to almost everyone. Let me say almost one more time. The first time is part of the right of passage if you do it a second time you should leave the track emeditrly shame.

^^ thnx, man. I laughed about it a few times today. It is pretty funny, even if embarrassing at the same time.