Coil pack cyl 9 and PS reservoir

What’s up guys. Hope everyone is staying safe during these crazy times. Good news for me is that it’s providing me much needed time for the S6. I ran into a bit of a snag I’m hoping to get some advice on. I have all the coils out except cylinders 9 and 10. The power steering reservoir is definitely blocking 9 and possibly 10. Bentley says to “remove bolt and remove power steering reservoir from bracket, hydraulic lines remain connected.”

Problem is that bracket is the issue not the res. I have the res detached and can move it out of the way but what about the bracket? I see two approaches:
1.) Try and bend it (yikes this seems like the wrong approach but it was a thought)
2.) Try and remove the bracket but I can’t seem to find where it would unbolt.

Any thoughts?

I just did this lol

So you bent it lol. Now I feel kind of stupid for asking but it didn’t seem like it wanted to bend very easily. I’ll give that a shot tonight though. Appreciate the reply and especially the pic.

1 Like

No problem!

Yep - bent the bracket back and got the coil pack out. All plugs and coils are now out. Again appreciate your response.

1 Like

No problem! We all learn a little something about this car

You did right. The first time I did a tune up on one of these cars I was like… ok so how do they think this coil pack is going to come out. There has to be a different way to do this…But no bend the bracket and move the PS.

Great pic Robocop

1 Like