Cruise control doesn't work

Anyone ever have their cruise control go out. I’ve had the car over a year and when I got it the cruise control never worked. Any ideas to check?

I think the usual starting spot would be do you have any codes and can you check your modules with vag com

I only have obdeleven for now not vagcom unfortunately. However I don’t have any codes that I would think would effect anything.

I would start with codes but if there are none. I would do a full scan and see if there are any codes in any module that might interfere.

Only codes I am getting anymore is sensor for refrigerant pressure and for my backup camera not being calibrated. And I have an alarm horn code from 2015 that still shows

I think you can log the cars ability to use cruise control. Isn’t there a module in vag com for that…

Long shot but maybe check to see if all your brake lights are working. I know on some cars the cruise won’t work if a brake light is out.

Mine works and then doesn’t. I have the adaptive cruise control, on my car they routed the front bumper wires next to the sharp edges of the crash member and the wires get damaged and short out.

I also had troubles with my adaptive cruise control.
The ‘heater’ of the unit (the part sitting in your front grill) caught a stone and was cracked. This gave a fault so sometimes it worked sometimes it wouldn’t.

Yesterday I switched it (1 minute job since you just pull it out and unplug it) now it works great again.

You can also write away the heater unit this way it works without it too but I just wanted it to function as audi intended it.
Still a 200€ part tough…

So I was looking some more into this and control unit 16 is steering column and live data channel 4 is the cruise stalk, value 1 is on/off which works fine in live data, value 2 is the set button which works in live data, value 3 is accelerate/decelerate which works, value 4 shows “not installed” can anybody find out what value 4 is supposed to be, if anything, or check to see what theirs shows on their car.

My adaptive cruise used to work. I was showing the feature to someone last year and made the car come to a near complete stop by itself. Has not worked since that day! I have tried resetting the adaptations shown in the below link, but can not get past channel 3. I deleted the heater as mine was cracked also. It’s still there, just disabled in vcds and worked this way for over a year. Not about to drop 700 at the dealer for an ACC alignment. Now the ACC is saying it has component protection on the damn thing also! I gave up. No cruise control for me. Dont really matter because I am usually wot or coasting when I drive the s6 anyway lol