"Custom" elevation tune

Sorry for the late reply,

Yes I have the AEM kit with the 1 gallon res in the trunk. I posted install pics in my build thread somewhere around page 10-12.

As long as you don’t take the top part of the nozzle apart you won’t have any issues. Just swap the bottom restrictor orifice out for the size you intend to run and you’ll be good. However, if you run a decent amount of meth (50% or more) I do strongly suggest some sort of warning system (mine is my AFR gauge alarm) to let you know if you lean out due to the W/M system malfunctioning. But recent additions in ME7 knock based fueling make W/M much safer to run.

My tune is setup so that my AFR gets richer and richer as more and more knock is detected in order to save the motor in case of some sort of malfuction.

Thanks for the info. I’m seeing significant “knock” and pinging (I am assuming) in ambient temps above 85. A little worried and disappointed really. Hoping w/m will help.

What are the conditions when this knock and pinging is occurring? (besides the temps)

Have you changed anything on your vehicle lately since this issue has started?

You have had this tune for over a year without any issues that I am aware of. Come bring the car down so we can take a look at it!

Let me know,

Jake

Jake, it is only under full throttle and elevated temps. It was happening last summer as well. I just stay out of full throttle pretty much any time its hot out.

I have not changed anything major aside from my exhaust to a “better” recommended system.

I will do what I can to get it to you for a health check before I move. At the very least get you to review some logs you would need to see that all is good.

Sounds good man! If there is an issue I would rather get to the bottom of it before it gets covered up with meth ;D

Let me know!

Agreed! Thanks Jake. I’ll be in touch soon…

Water meth will help… a lot…

Cars at jhm as I write. A little once over health check, tune up (plugs), tune revision (thank you cv and jhm) and yes, w/m injection. No need to worry about nazi carb smog anymore since we are moving out of this state in a few weeks. Pretty stoked to get my car back this afternoon hopefully. Super cool to work me in on weeks notice to get me sorted before heading out!

That said, damn those B7 RS4’s are purdy! Sure would be a nice replacement in a year or so 8)

How many were there? Dan’s blue car that went 10.7, the daytona grey one that went 11.1 (both stage 2) and the black one that went 11.6 (stage 1)? All 3 supercharged.

An imola too

We have 4 RS4s here right now that have Vortech love

That’s nuts

Get rid of the exhaust that’s on that imola . Or do some testing with jhm vs what’s on it. Swap.

Which exhaust is on the imola?

What was the purpose of posting the time that every car ran?

to tempt him

Hahaha! No additional tempting needed. Really beautiful cars.

Jake, pm headed your way. Couple questions and concerns popped up on drive home.

What was the purpose of asking him the purpose of posting what time every car ran?

simple

Auditurd has a hatred for the rs4 ever since he bought his b8 s4 and it just funking burns him up to see the rs4 do so incredibly well. So he scours the forum for rs4 references to nitpick. Like this thread. Or the 1/4 mile list where he keeps nagging us to put mistros lw rear rotors on his rs4 na record. Or the S5 awe thread where he kept bringing up the b7 rs4 and trying to slam it even though the b7 has run a full second and 10+ mph faster than his car.

It’s fun to watch. Going to be even funner once the JHM stage 1 results from marcus’ car are released. He has JHM 1, fullback, clutch. Great result. Never mind stage 2 results. Or 3.

You’re so incredibly wrong it’s not even funny- but I’ll just let you think what you want to think…

Instead you should be apologising to NY07RS4