E61 530xi touring

Decided to give one of these a go. Picking it up in a couple weeks. Not gonna be same driving experience as far as power but hoping the handling and other refinements bridge the gap.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170303/06109d4f7decbd44b8bbd6e94cc9552f.jpg

Does that mean the allroad is gone?

Nah, I love (hate) the allroad. Match made in heaven :smiley: . Replacing our sold B5 S4 avant. I wanted an A6 avant 3.0t but difficult to find and got impatient. I have always liked BMW’s so this is exciting to me. Pretty rare 5 series wagon, well maintained, good service history, clean and only 64k miles. Garage queen. Nothing to really waste money modding and hopefully just a solid car to own for a few.

Nice, if you got the 535 then you would have been tempted to mod!

Big time.

Update, just found an ibis white on amaretto/black interior a6 avant 3.0t. Making the 4 hour trip tomorrow morning upon confirmation from dealer its not sold by tonight.

Big time.

Update, just found an ibis white on amaretto/black interior a6 avant 3.0t. Making the 4 hour trip tomorrow morning upon confirmation from dealer its not sold by tonight.

That’s a little bit of a unicorn. Much happier with that choice. Just don’t let the mod bug bite again :slight_smile:

Hand shake deal with wife, tune/pulley, intake and upgrade when wear parts need it. No full engine/trans overhaul. Lol

Nice cool wife! :-p

Indeed she is. Been together for 18 years.

Wow great find. Great colors. I think you will be much happier in the A6 then the .BMW. Really the biggest issues we see with the 3.0T is the water pumps need to be replaced.

Ya, it is the car I really wanted but sorta gave up. Made one more search yesterday afternoon and this popped up and localish with reasonable mileage and price. Probably the color combo I would order even. Hope it checks out. Seeing it in a few.

Water pumps or fuel pumps?

Update: Passed. As much as Audi in me wanted to find reason(s) to buy, I could not justify it. Too rough condition. Rougher than I would like especially at an audi/porsche dealer. Scuffed bumpers, every peeler wheel is rashed to shit, chasis vibrations (balance/align likely resolve) body panel/paint is good though. Sticking center mmi buttons, interior is clean tho. Bigger red flags is shaking under braking will be an instant need, mismatched tire they say are replacing it (we know you dont replace just one) and burning oil smell / visual smoke from driver side. All things that need fixed before bought and I dont see it happening without raising price.

Comes down to the car was enjoyed not cherished by previous owners. It simply is not what I hoped for. Badass esthetics and love the look and performance of that 3.0t. Plan is to buy the meticulously maintained bmw with less miles for $8k less and keep looking for a clean a6 avant to trade bmw in on if/when the right one pops up. I did confirm the a6 avant 3.0t is a car to buy, just not this paricular example of one.

We are strongly considering rolling dice on 535ix wagon. Documented n54 fueling issues scares me though.

U will be o.k.

Sure would prefer the power delivery thats for sure.

I would be much happier with the 535i vs 530i. If you really want the a6 3.0T, the broaden horizon outside of the immediate area?

Have searched nationwide. Most I have found at any one time are 4 and inquired on all of them. And of those at least 1 or 2 are no longer for sale.

I know you are an avant guy, but have u thought about a q7 3.0t or q7 3.0D? Or q5 variants, I really liked the diesel q5 I test drove

That said I like the 535I, I think you’d be happy with that! I’d think with a tune it would be faster than a tune and pulley 3.0T