EASY! and cheap video OEM AUX input for MMI2G under $100. 8 hours labor⁰

Made some progress today. Have been pre occupied with the cold weather and this new addition:

I got the power module working and wired up. All I have left to do is install the USB wire to the bezel and install the touch screen. Feeling the urge to do it at some point here shortly. Did a few test runs today with dash command. This is really more of a gimmick but is fun for people riding in the car with me. I am thinking I may try my OBDLX in lieu of the ELM327 as I believe the refresh rate may be faster. I’ll give it a shot at some point here soon.

Few Vids

That’s pretty cool.

Love it!!

Not the same thing, but I bought my son a 2001 Audi TT Quattro turbo last year. Great little car. The new TTs have to be pretty epic.

This is my 2nd tt, really like em for track use. I needed one that could put down some decent times in the SCCA Sport Class and no mods needed or I’ll go into the tuner class. This one is the dynamic plus package with the CCBs and RS sport exhaust, etc. Just need some LW 18s and some 200TW A052s.

So I was able to polish out all the scratches from the mmi screen that were there from the previous owners. Here is an example of what it looked like, taken from my q7. Using some CarbonFinish paint cutting compound I was able to remove all the old finish and scratches and it came out perfect. I then applied the glass touch screen and it really pops now

Removal:

Before:

After polishing:

After Glass Touch Screen:

Installed some fabric tape to help protect the ribbon strip:

Wrapped the USB Screen module in the supplied ESD bag and taped it up for safety:

I ran the USB wire from the trunk along with the +12 ACC wire last night to the front of the car. Plan to try and button it all up today. I tested the touchscreen last and it worked. Pretty cool

Excellent!

I used a fuse tap at the switched fuse to act as my trigger going back to the relay box in the trunk. This will tell the box when the car is “on” or “off”. Simple and removable.

I ran the USB cable for the screen up under the dash behind the cluster to the mmi screen where it plugs into the touch screen:

New glass face screen installed, MUCH more clean than the old plastic scratched screen:

And finally the last test. It works :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes it took more than 8 hours, but it was still under a hundred bucks. FTW

Rewired the 20 pin plug with dedicated grounds for the audio and video and no more lines on the screen or bad sound. Pic perfect and sound all the way max volume

All the modules and android nicely mounted with some 3M double tape

1 Like