Euro Recaro buckets

I know some of you have them, what was the weight drop per seat over the super sport U.S. standard seats? Looking at these again or possibly the Recaro-branded version despite not having the factory OEM plastic surround around the base. Curious if the Recaro-labeled version is lighter.

Hey Ape, Where would you find them to be able to get a set?

1 Like

Any of the European eBay sites where those seats were an option. Pricey though and you often have to be patient and wait for the right set.

Ok Brady, I know you’re in here…post up the weight of your seats vs OEM.

1 Like

Ape, you will lose 56lbs total by swapping to the Wingbacks.

40 lbs vs 68 lbs

I did a ton of research and hmmmming-hawing back and forth between the OEM AUDI Recaro and the Straight Recaro seats. Both are “Sportster CS” seats. Once I sat in both there was no question; Wingbacks.

1 Like

Thanks for responding to the call! That’s some decent weight savings. This’ll likely be the move sooner than later. My one concern is that they won’t be as comfortable, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

They are not as comfortable as the Super Sport or Comfort seats. They are more comfortable than Sportster CS seats.

1 Like

Is this due to the wing backs just having more padding? They look almost identical to the Sportster CS seats (they’re now called the Sportster GT).

After doing some close research, I believe that it’s the padding and airbags that make the difference.

The wingbacks are a little thicker in all the right places. Here are all 4:

s-l300 audi-rs5-brochure-22Recaro-Speedster_2__61899.1316046661

1 Like

You can tell the wing backs are more comfortable than the Recaro Sportsters just by looking at them side by side like that. Thanks for the photo!

1 Like

Looking closer, the Sportster CS seats I put in are the slightly less aggressive version with the slightly lower/shorter bottom side bolsters. These were designed for ease of entry and exit. I added the standard one to the bottom.

It’s the best picture I’ve found for comparing them all. It really makes those Comfort seats look like Grandpa’s recliner.

I love the wing backs but i think everyone does that’s why they go for good money, still worth it i think less weight and they look the mutts nutts !!

Ben (Asher) used to have those seats. And they did honestly look completely out of place, especially on his car. He hasn’t chimed in here yet. I’ll get on him about posting something here.