F265 thermostat fault

This fault won’t clear, and my cooling fans have been running a lot. I assume I need to replace the thermostat housing, which has this sensor…is this correct? Also, I would like to remove the connect and test before I rip everything apart. If this is a “short to ground” fault, then can I just do a continuity check across the terminals? Help appreciated.

001433 - Thermostat for Mapped Engine Cooling (F265)
P0599 - 001 - Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 236115 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2020.09.17
Time: 18:41:07

Freeze Frame:
                RPM: 883 /min
                Load: 52.1 %
                Speed: 0.0 km/h
                Temperature: 99.0°C
                Temperature: 55.0°C
                Absolute Pres.: 990.0 mbar
                Voltage: 11.176 V

Readiness: 0110 1101

Yeah the housing all everything in it. Usually people change that and then the thermostat as well at the same time.

So I kept my old water pump that I had replaced a while back. Took it apart, so now I understand how it’s all put together. I suspect it’s a themostat failure, because there’s nothing to the thermostat housing connector. The pins just go straight through.

I bought the stat seperate. I planned to install it when I do my engine drop, however I understand it is easy to install from under the car in a few hours also. On mine, coolant temps drop when going down hills so i assume it is stuck open…

Thanks for the helpful post.

Did the small o-ring come with the new T-stat?

Came with a “large” oring, that goes around where it connects like 3" in diameter. Not really small