Fuel injectors carbon cleaning

I cleaned everything elsa. Was waiting to get the engine back in to pull injectors. Do I just pull the top rail off? It’s freaking not wanting to move. Any an wll info can’t hurt. I have the six bolts out and the rails disconnected. Tips/tricks/anything. Please.

Yes, you just pull it. Probably orings are old and plastic, and thats why it’s hard to come off.

The fuel rail is held down with the bolts but sealed via O rings on the injectors. That seal is going to be hard to break. in some cases you’ll be pulling the injectors out of the cylinder pockets before you’ll be getting the fuel rail to come off the injectors.

Here is what I do. I use almost a full can of pentation lube. I spray the piss out of the injectors at the base of each injector. Let it set in and spray it again. I let it set about 5 min in between each soaking. Really get into the small spots. I di the spray let it settle spray let it settle 3x. Then with a 2x4 and a pry bar I slowly under low tension leverage and start to pry back the fuel rail. Then from under the rail I pry slowly upwards working back to the beginning again. Each time as I make headway I go back in there and spray lube again.

1 Like

Thanks man. Was really on there. Got it.

I did this on the left side . Worked great thank you.

I’d love to have a better way of doing it but in the end this is the best way I’ve found.