Fuel issues and obd11 questions

My fuel pump works. I get pressure at the filter. The gas will not leave the filter ?? It’s new. I can blow air through the lines to my sending units . Lines clear. Why will the gas not go past the filter? I’m just burnt out on this. Also. Has anybody used OBD11 diagnostics tool?

This might sound stupid but make sure the filter is installed in the correct direction. You can try to flip it around. Also if that isn’t the issue. try to install your old filter back in and then test.

I actually posted a video on this site back in the day. That I installed a brand new fuel filter on a RS4 and it was bad right out of the box.

Nothing sounds silly man. I feel this is a simple issue. And I am just dumbfounded. I tried every least aggressive method first. Just as you said. I’m going to see if I get gas flow out of either filter leave the “out” side disconnected. But first. Break fast. Thank you for the tips. Any and all are very much appreciated!

I use OBD11, did u have any questions regard that? Mind if I ask, how did you confirm gas wont leave the filter?

Wondering if your happy with OBD11? I am still just getting into it.
I hooked up the in lines left the out line off. Turned the key.
I also hooked it all up left my lines at the high pressure regulators. No gas flow. Either way

Regarding the fuel filter, I might have to agree with Count, however, u still have the old one? Maybe try to swap back to see if its flowing then. Not sure how the ECU is programmed, but I could imagine it shutting off the LP pump if it detects a “leak”, which might be a condition triggered when u are trying to test with a outline off.

Regarding OBD, i’ve mixed feelings, some good pro’s, but some con’s. I love how you easy it is to use, watch live data, have full history on phone and so on. What im not too happy with, might be OBD11, or might be me not finding the feature, is the logging of data, and watching 2(or more) sections of live data simutaniously. And watching 2 sections is kinda a must have on car with 2x ECU, when comparing banks.

1 Like

Agreed on the shut off. Yes I tried the old filter. I do believe it’s in the tank itself. The unit with the float on it. Left side tank. I do not and never will know all the names. My brain does not store names. TBI. But I’ll be in touch. I’m going to fix the rear Coolant line. Take a day or so. I’m ordering that left unit also. It was acting up prior. Then once I’m back at this issue(lol) hopefully it isn’t. But that Coolant lesk needs attention asap. Like tomorrow. Day off ain’t fun I’m done for the day. Thank you very much bud. Very much!

Also I’m still “eh” about obd11. Still playing with it. Was wondering about live data ect…thanks again!