Full S-Tronic and rear sport differential service (RS5)

Lovely thanks for that :slight_smile:

I actually wanted to follow up on that transmission cooler you mentioned above. Can you link me to a product description/picture and maybe how and where it is installed?

If it’s not too difficult to install I may consider it.

Otherwise been driving the car for 1+ week now since full S-Tronic service and I’ve noticed smoother gear shifts and it “fixed” the rough gear shift from P to R when the car is cold. It wasn’t the case before so it was definitely a sign that the transmission was due for a service. Like right around when the car reached 60k (Audi’s recommended interval to service S-Tronic), in the morning on the first start, when I shifted from P to R to reverse out of my garage, I’d have to apply a bit more force to shift to reverse as I could feel resistance in the gears. And it happened exactly around 60k, fascinating. I think servicing the S-tronic before it gets to that point would make sense.

I agree…I actually service both sides every single time instead of servicing MTF each time and ATF every other time. It’s more expensive but more peace of mind. At the very least, you can just swap fluids and keep the cost down.

On the transmission cooler, link here: https://redmistracing.com/ols/products/rmr-transmission-cooler-kit-for-the-audi-s4-and-s5-b8b85-30t-with-s-tronic-transmission

I make them for the S4/S5 and for the RS5. It can be installed at home in your driveway/garage with normal hand tools, really nothing special needed. I have installation instructions in PDF format and it also lists all the tools needed. It’s about a 3-4 hour job, nothing super hard, just little steps and some patience. Most of it is actually very easy.

I also have longer heat exchanger brackets that work for most HX brands but are really designed for Marc and PLM. Literally the same bracket just longer as the cross bar moves everything forward by about 5". So you now have room for a larger heat exchanger and the transmission cooler.

Here’s a video I did on the cooler. It’s RS5-specific but much of it applies to the S4/S5 as well.

It’s quite effective and I think it’s now been installed on around 300 cars all across the globe from here in N. America, Canada to Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, India and S. America. It’s 100% bolt on with no cutting and is fully reversible.

Besides that, I’m a dealer for JH Motorsports, 034, BC Forged, Ohlins, Antigravity batteries, Kline exhaust systems, etc…

1 Like

Beautiful, thanks for the reply and all the details.
I’ll have a look and review the video to see if it’s something I can do.
Thanks Ape, Audi should hire you to improve their engineering :smiley: