GIAC 3.0 Tune

So, these are on sale for $270…what does it even do? Anything close to the $500 JHM tune? Obviously I’d like the JHM tune, but since this is half the price, does it at least do something?

Do yourself a huge favor and get the JHM tune. No one else will touch it’s performance. Many have attempted to be different or go a different route, but normally they circle back and eventually go JHM anyway. The $230 will be well worth it.

How many shop 3.0s do you think GIAC had/has? I’ll answer it for you, ZERO. They probably alter the TB percentages and that is it to make it “FEEL” faster…

Buy nice or buy twice

You’ll be much better off with the JHM tune. The extra money gets you launch assist, emission passing, better fuel mileage; from what 3.0 guys have said in the past. Then the performance. I believe if you search early on in the 3.0 forum here there was a guy who switched from GIAC to JHM. He appeared to be quite happy with the results. Add the fact JHM owns a 3.0. It’s a no brainer

They own a few

Thanks for answering my question.

I figured the JHM tune was a no brainer, but I wasnt actually sure of what the GIAC tune entailed, since they dont even have any info on it, which was scaring me away from the start.

GIAC tune just changes throttle map and advances timing, I’ve been in a 3.0 with a giac tune it was slower than mine was stock.

always advisable to test your purchase with a market survey before you go ahead. Reality is that if more people did what you are currently doing, there would be a lot more happy people out there and less folks would be ripped off.

JHM is the way to go man. Don’t end up paying $770 for a JHM Tune when you can buy it right now for $500 like everyone else.

icwutudidthere :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I just need to start budgeting for a second ECU and the JHM tune so that I dont have to worry about downtime on my car.

flashing not available?

I have an extra 3.0 ECU laying around. PM me :wink:

Flashing = intheworx ;D

Can we be given a timeline, perhaps? This is exciting news and I would immediatly start budgeting more money sooner if I could have it flashed tuned!!! Plus it would save me money on shipping and the cost of an extra ECU.

I’ll sell my ecu for a few bucks plus the cost of shipping if some of you dont want to wait. I can ship it straight to JHM, have them tune it and send it to you. I held onto my stock ecu when I sold my car.

We would still need both ECUS at the same time because of IMMO. So it wouldn’t be saving them any downtime unfortunately.

Should be soon! I don’t have an exact ETA for you though=/

Looks like I will just get the money put aside so when it is available I can do it. Then again, I could always ride the motorcycle to work for a few days…That putting a lot of trust in the weather though. 50miles each way in the rain wont be no fun.

Any other updates for us on this? I just fell into an unexpected bonus at work and you know what…I want a tune!