How to separate your V10 intake manifold

Quick disclaimer I haven’t even looked at the video. I couldn’t take any video last night as I went out to the garage at 1 am only to realize I needed someone to help hold my phone. So, this morning I grabbed my 7-year-old to help. So results may vary. I’ll take pictures and do a more thuro write up later this week.

Here is the video, again keep in mind this is a one take with my 7-year-old helping do the camera work.

Keep in mind this was a quick video.

Who knows, a 7 year old helper might be steadier then an older assistant :wink:

Tapatalk isn’t displaying the video so I cannot be a true testament to its quality, but glad to see you posting about the topic Cv!

Try now the video didn’t load for some reason.

Also, I just realized that I didn’t mention that some of the bolts are also under the intake. They need to be removed

Thanks! showed exactly what I needed! will report back in my original thread with the carnage tonight.

Wow that was really cool of you to do. Not bad for a no cut and very helpful if you dont start in that spot you stand a good change of breaking the intake. I know someone who broke off a tab doing a seperation.

THANK YOU! HUGELY appreciated.

@CountVohn for some reason I am not able to view this video, If its not too much trouble could you please re post this video?

I made a you-tube page. Let me know if this helps. If not I can try to add more. It helps to watch the entire video as there is also how it works part more at the end.

Count, that was excellent!!! lots of great information in there. I knew nothing of intake manifolds so I started doing some research after watching your video and found this pretty decent video on the basics- things like why you need a long and a short runner. Placing a link here for other noobs like me. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaYIHQGU00k).

From what I have read so far, it seems like it is fairly common for intake manifold flaps to fail on the c6 s6, i am assuming there is an inherent design flaw, does the JHM intake manifold overcome this design flaw?

The intake did have a flaw in the design and it’s not if they will break but when the intakes will break.

JHM gets the newest intake manifolds and checks to make sure they have the last update. Someone had mentioned that JHM had sent back several intake manifolds to the manufacture and for there assistance JHM always seem to get the newest intakes. Even newer and more consistent than the dealer it seems.

So that and the fact that JHM has the best price on the intakes in why everyone always suggests getting the intakes from JHM. That and the fact that JHM is really spending a good amount of money still investing in the 5.2 V10. So it makes sense for anyone with a 5.2 to get as many parts from JHM as they can. As its an investment in their own platform into the company that is still supporting them.

Makes sense. I would definitely support them. Some of this maintenance stuff i have been getting from amazon, but no more I think.