How to test Coil packs

Hey guys I have an audi s6 2007 with 82k miles I have a feeling my coil packs are going bad since it’s shaking and the previous owner changed 4 of them to denso while the others are original on the car. I would assume the car would show a code but probably wont until it’s completely dead. So is there a way I can use a multi meter or something to check them?

I do remember doing a coil pack test with a multimeter, I’ll see if i can dig up the procedure i used.

Ok thank you

I didn’t find the procedure I used to test the coil packs, but i do remember them being good after testing them, it was the connectors on three that i ended up replacing, 2 with broken clips and one had a broken wire. There are so many things that can cause the car to run rough, this forum and a vcds will be your best bet. i don’t know where you are at, but if you are anywhere in the northern nj area, I’d be happy to run a scan for you. Can you describe the shaking? Is it just at idle, or when you drive? does it get worse with speed/higher rpm?

I’m in NY but I’ll take a look at the vcds. The car has shake at idle but gets smoother when it’s in drive and then the shake depends on the rpm it seems to get smoother the higher it is. There are some broken connectors I’ll take a look at it but one of the coils pack seal is worse then the others one when I pull this one out it comes out way too easy then the other ones