..... I can't believe it but I've gone domestic....

There isn’t normally that much dead space though. I think it’s a pretty cool idea, but how wide is the usable portion of your bed now? 4 feet or so?

Will it fit a sheet of plywood, 4 wheeler or a lawn tractor?

Again, really cool idea but it’s too permanent IMHO. You basically have to keep a bunch of shit in them or they are useless…or you drink a lot and always have cold beer on hand, lol

it’s not taking away width. If you could fit a drywall sheet or tractor in there without these boxes, you can fit it in there now with them. The wheel wells are the limiting factor.

^ exactly, there is no bed width loss except for the area outside the wheel wells. Plywood fits fine.

Perhaps you won’t see the beit until you live with them for a few days. They’re water proof, lockable and perfect for smaller items when you have your cab full with people/dogs and you don’t want (the small items) rattling around in the bed. Went to get a gas can filled for the lawnmower, perfect place. Grocery shopping, perfect place. These will also be perfect for carrying misc camping supplies (haven’t made it out yet), and some use them to lock away their hunting rifles. I’ve heard golf bags fit too.

Every pickup should have them.

Ah, it’s kind of an optical illusion to me.

I joined the Domestic club today.

Got the F250SD with a 7.3 liter Power Stroke diesel and a manual transmission.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/Jimmybones777/My%20F250_zpseiwe6rpa.jpg

Nice jimmy gonna mod, or is it for official biz only? Sell the a6 or 850?

I am going to leave it stock. If the exhaust rusts out then I will get a bigger exhaust but that is a minor thing. It is a good thing that I know a guy that works at Ford and has had a modded 7.3 diesel.

Got it mostly to tow my cars, take trash to the dump, and as a back up work vehicle.

Still have the S4, A6, 850i, and my car hauler trailer. Not selling any of them right now.

Congrats, man! Truck looks good.

Would be interesting to poll the forum to see how many have owned domestics. I never have. Owned four cars - an Infiniti, 2 Audis, and now a Lexus.

850i…I forgot about that thing. Bet you could sell it for exactly what you paid for it.

I’ve never owned one either. Might need one to haul a bass boat.

That’s what the V10 Touareg is for!

The Wrangler was my first domestic, and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

I’m probably going to buy something similar to your pickup there Jimmy in the next year or so to replace our Chevy 2500 work truck that is well past its useful life. That’s a pretty solid truck you got!

Thanks, it is the first domestic that I have ever owned. That would be a good poll.

With a car wash easily. But I have bigger plans for it right now. Just need to finish tweaking my S4 and working on everyone else’s cars at the moment so I can get some time to work on it.

What year Wrangler? I worked on a bunch in high school since my auto shop teacher was apart of ALL the local Jeep clubs.

Thanks, it took almost six months of looking to finally find that truck. I really wanted a manual transmission and they are extremely rare. Plus that truck was in a spot where no one wanted it (since it is only RWD) so the dealer was willing to sell it for way under what sites like KBB had it listed for.

I bought a 2003 wrangler probably 4 or 5 years ago. I bought it on ebay and thought it looked pretty cool not really knowing much about wranglers (at least I knew to buy the 4.0 with the 5MT). After having it for a while I learned it was much more of a “mall crawler” build than proper build (i.e. 2" body lift with 1" spring spacer, rancho shocks, and all stock control arms; all so it could run 33" tires basically). I think I posted pics of it somewhere on here.

Last summer the D35 took a shit so I swapped it out for a ford 8.8 and a High Pinion D30 up front with a locker and re-geared to 4.10. At the same time I did a 4" long arm kit, custom tummy tuck, and SYE kit. Then last week I added a rear locker, rear corner body armor, flat tube front fenders, and am in the process of new rock sliders and front bumper. This fall/winter I’ll probably outboard the rear shocks and I may look into doing a triangulated rear link setup. I think I’m also going to wrap it a orange/copper color once I get all the body armor done which will go well with the black body armor.

Ok, all that sounds like my auto shop teacher’s Jeep but his was an automatic and painted an orange/copper with pearl mixed in. Should a fun rig as it sits right now.

If you really want to go crazy then do a chevy 350 swap. We did that to the brother of my auto shop teacher’s Jeep. It would pull the front tires off the ground so bad that he had to run short wheel bars even for normal driving.

I’m now seeing 8.7L/100km or ~27mpg average with some highway miles thrown into the mix. It barely sips fuel on the highway, pretty amazing for a full size. The 3.0L diesel and ZF 8 speed is a great match.

Haha, yea that would be a hoot. It’s not to uncommon to see swaps like that on the older jeeps. I’m gonna do a bit more and probably be done. I’d rather pick up a 4dr JK rubicon in a couple years and mod it, or find a JK with a blown engine and drop a cummins in it or LS motor and build from there.

So I’m still waiting on my freaking TPW(target production week)… have had my preorder in since the beginning of August, and still haven’t recieved a timeline from gmc which is kind of annoying, but gives me a little more time to get some money together for the down deposit, and to look for part’s. So this morning I took the pooches for a walk, and now the wife is getting her hair did, soooo I’m using this time to search for truck parts/research ;D

The baby duramax has been over seas for quite some time and seeing some crazy good results from just tune. These guys have obviously taken it much further, and I don’t plan on taking mine any farther then exhaust and tune, but holy potential in this little 2.8 4cyl!

https://youtu.be/upY_GvHsxgw

Also forgot to mention I finally saw my paint code in real life yesterday morning on the way to work. It looks so much better in real life then the pictures, most of the pictures just don’t do it justice.

I found these 2 that are pretty close, but the truck basically looks black until the sun hits it and then it’s just a blast of color.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/12/f7911c55b03f370ec938d47190cc46b3.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/12/04e41a723dcb5b7c7ac25812304fa730.jpg

Nice color man!