Idea of alternative KillerChiller setup 3.0T

So I have been researching the restrictions of tuning the 3.0T Supercharged.
They all lead to heat soak in the Eaton TVS, wich can be overcome by releaving backpressure build up.

Busy doing the porting off one… You can enlarge the intake enormously… But there is little room voor backpressure improvement…

What options did I found:

Cooling of blower rotor group

Siegemeister Venom Liquid Could snout
Drawback: Has not yet been made for the Audi Eaton so minimum of $ 500,00

DIY Yourself Oil Cooler for the Supercharger Oil
Drawback: (Lost the link) Needs a separate oil pump, hoses and another risk of failure

Lowering air intake temperatures

Merc Racing Heat Exchanger or more costly brands
Drawback: The A6 one fits and works great, but -10c is not going to lower the build up in the supercharger

Killer Chiller
Drawback: Not for everyone a DIY project, does lower IAT, but still not taking on the issue

The most screwed up thing in my mind is why is everyone wanting to lower air intake after the Throttle Body and MAP sensor…

My crazy come up with something that I completely forgot and built for a friend in the past. It was a VW VR6 TwinTurbo revving like a Honda Superbike (That was such a shame for me, I am more into the Ducati 916 Akrapovice sound). Trying to cool that power for every dragpull, I put Air to Liquid coolers left and right flowing with liquid nitrogen. The bumper was redesigned to lead as much air through the radiator as possible, going sealed piped to the Intake Filter and throtte body.

Ended up in the following benefits:

• Lowering IAT’s registered bij MAF/MAP on intake
  • Increasing Air Density registered by MAF/MAP on intake
  • Lowering Turbo and Engine Temps
  • Increased Airflow by cold air shrink suction effect

So why are why not routing the KillerChiller extra through a side radiator wich tunnels into a closed airbox and cool down the entire intake system?

I’m running the PLM cooler https://privatelabelmfg.com/collections/heat-exchangers a lot like the Merc Cooler, was looking at both, similar sizes, Merc was out of stock when I went to order and PLM was in stock. I do like the Air Bleed valve on top of the PLM cooler as some don’t have a Bleed valve and they do trap air. I’m running 034 Stg2 software with just a 57.1mm Supercharger pulley. Unless you’re doing multiple runs or track time I really don’t think I’ll ever feel much difference in the cooler. I have a dedicated track car, a 944 Turbo, so I may take the S5 on the track some time to feel the handling characteristics but will probably not run it hard enough. Separating the cooler from the car’s resevoir would be a next positive step in keeping the Supercharger cooler. 034’s Dyno specs of their larger throttle body show around 4~8bhp increase across the range on a Stage 2 E40 fuel car so I think I’d see maybe half of that or less. That car is making just over 450bhp so that kind of BHP increase is marginal, with a ported blower I’m sure it would be a bit better.

Elmo I see where your comming from and being a 04 corba guy myself the stig guys are a well known name there. But that blower on the cobra really needed a port job and the additives and options on those blowers really needed to be made. for those older blowers and made a decent difference. I don’t know how much they would help on the newer blowers… interesting to see

The issue with your blower is simple. Heat heat heat heat. The coolant cores on the domestic supercharged cars are over built even for bigger boost levels. The new GT500 intercooler core is good for over 1000whp. The coolant cores on your blower are under built and your running more boost than say an 04 cobra would even with big boost where the much bigger core could barely keep up.

The great thing about this website is that you have a lot of really deep car guys who not only work on their cars but have there heads on stright. If this was one of the 3.0T fan boy sites youd see people saying porting jobs are good for 50whp and the throttle body is good for 30whp or more. hahnmgh63 puts it simple and real.

A lot of the parts out now seem like they are just trying to milk the last bit and in some cases I’m not sure the gains are even really a thing in some cases. The reason I say that. Is HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT.

The reason you see so many people working to cool the charge down post throttle body is because thats 85% of the heat. Those cooler cores just can’t handle the task and then the supercharger itself turns into a huge hot stove…

I hear you if you can get colder air going into the blower your going to make some gains but I think the big gains are

1 the major one is in the cooler codes
2 it would be interesting to see the oil temps. See if you can find the link for the DIY oil cooler supercharger
3 the venom I think would be helpful not sure how much as the snout looks kinda small.

Im definitely interested to see more on this as I’m not a turbo fan and I’d love to see more out of the… I think maxed out eaton blower

My idea is to add a chiller of sorts and modify the existing intercooler cores into single pass flow through. The double pass coolers are good for low level heat exchange and maximize efficiency vs overall heat exchange.

It would be pretty efficient. I went with a PLM Larger front heat exchanger and a divorced system reservoir. So the Supercharger no longer shares fluid with the engine cooland and stays much cooler.

Everyone makes a divorced system Reservoir, The Garage Auto Sports had great reviews even though they are not one of the big companies. You can get them from PLM, Merc Racing, APR, etc…
The Garage Sports installs nicely behind the drivers side headlamp and you separate the system from Engine Coolant besides adding more Coolant to the Heat Exchanger system.