Intake manifold.... Pierburg?

Hi All

My 2007 S6 Avant has what i’m pretty sure is the death rattle from the intake manifold.

Currently debating my options of opening it up and fixing them in the long position or replacing.
Ideally i’d like to replace it. Replacement manifold from Audi/TPS over here are coming in at just under £3k ($4k).

JHM work out a fair bit cheaper (£1600) but i’m pending a response on shipping and then i’m likely to get stung by import duties.

The other option i’ve seen are intake manifolds manufactured by Pierburg. Pierburg are a German parts manufacturer who have been around for over 100 years - they’ve supplied various parts to VAG over the years so are of decent quality and seem to have a good reputation.

I’m wondering;

A) Has anyone ever tried one or even seen one?
B) Could they potentially supply these to Audi in the first instance?

These come in at around £1300 shipped with a 2 year warranty.

I think if the JHM shipping isn’t too crazy i’ll probably head down that route. Part of me wants to get the Pierburg one anyway and just compare it with my old one side by side to see what the quality looks like.

Anyone any experience/thoughts on these Pierburg ones? I cant seem to find any info anywhere

Example site (there are many others) - https://www.autodoc.co.uk/pierburg/10123478

I’m guessing you are from the UK. Denmark here.

I’ve just ordered from JHM, 575$ that ended up in 240$ in taxes here in Denmark :cry:.

I’ve been looking on the same intake at autodoc, so I’ll be following this thread!

Yup - I’m from the UK. JHM shipping to me works out not so bad ~$100 but I will get hit with large import taxes which is the killer.

May order one of these just to see what it’s like?!?

Shipping was 58$ for me, but it wasn’t an intake manifold.

Pierburg IS the OEM supplier of the S6 V10 manifold.

Well that’s interesting… so Audi mark up around 100% then!!! Wonder if there is any way of telling if the “aftermarket” pierburg one has the updated revision

Looks like it’s the updated “M” version :+1:t3: