Interesting Motor Oil Testing Blog

Throwing up a link that will take a very long time to digest. It has an insane amount of details regarding motor oil testing. Might settle the good ole’ oil argument for good!

Enjoy

Maybe you can cut and paste the parts you find helpful or interesting… I tried to find it. The guy is more option that anything so far. Not that that’s bad but I keep reading now many people have read his work and that has nothing to do with the work being good or factual.

Not saying I don’t agree with him on some of what he said but a good chunk so far hasn’t been technical.

I’m suspicious of the guy, I think he’s the guy in the East side of the state here that is selling the Tribology additive. He makes claims of patents with the Military and commerical aviation but I couldn’t find anything with his name on it that verified anything. He has ads on Facebook and other social media to buy his Tribology additive and it will transform your engine. There is some factual in there for sure. I do know that ZDDP is good for your oil, but I also know that too much ZDDP is bad for your oil so if you are buying a good oil already adding ZDDP can be a bad thing. The guys that designed that oil know a lot more about additive packages and the balance than I do.

Oof maybe I shouldn’t have linked that guy. Didn’t know he had a past. Sounds like the Mario of Oil!

No, new stuff, although I’ve seen this page before, a couple of years old, is always good to read. I think it’s still the same guy, but the company he started is called Tribotex. Maybe it’s real? He’s got some Hillbilly’s with reviews that say it made is Dodge Hemi truck run like a king. He makes the Air Force & Nasa claims? Who knows, I’m not trying it without more hard facts.