I've been MIA- B8.5 S4 gone, MK7 GTI here.. 1/4 mile passes inside.

Hey guys- been MIA I know. Been crazy with work and my business and have had 0 time to post.

Sold the B8.5 S4 about a month ago and leased a new MK7 GTI DSG as the daily. Needed to save some money and fell in love with the little GTI.

Car:
2015 Carbon Steel Gray 2DR, DSG. Lightest way possible, manual seats, no sunroof etc…

Car weighed 3215 with me in it. Full interior minus the spare and tool kit with 1/2 tank of gas.

DA was around +100 all day. 55 degrees.

Got 8 runs in I believe. I’ll post all the slips when I get home.

Car has 500 miles on it.

12.59 was best ET.
113.75 was best trap.
2.19 was best 60’.

Stock DSG software is really holding back the car- tons of torque limitations.

Car is currently GIAC Stage 2, VWR Full Turboback Exhaust, CTS Intake, CTS BOV and 245 Hoosiers up front.

I have CTS Front Mount, CTS crank pulley and BFI Engine/Trans Mounts as well as a dog bone mount all awaiting install. I think with all that and plus DSG flash I’ll be in the 11.8-11.9 range. Car was on MS109 and GIAC 100 file.

I was running the Pbox as well…

I haven’t loaded the data yet but the screen iirc read 4.3 0-60, 9.7 0-100, 13.2 60-130 and 3.7 60-90.

Congrats, Pete. Awesome new car post with 1/4 mile results included.

Just need some pics. :wink:

Pete your back. Really enjoyed reading some of your other posts. Great to see you landed in such a great ride. I’ll definitely be checking in to see how this goes down. It will be interesting to see if you can beat the old S4 records with the GTI. I love that you have a car will less then 1000 miles on it and it’s that modded out.

sounds right. that’s really quick after 1st gear. What is the turbo size they use on that thing?

Pics coming soon :wink:

Thanks bro appreciate it, nice to be back and a new platform is bringing some excitement to my life lol.

It’s an IHI no longer Borg Warner but it’s similar sized to the K04 in the MK6 R but it’s got a slightly smaller inducer.