JHM 3 Liter: New Products

On the 3 Liter cars with a tune, they’ll perform better than they look!!!

Funny you say that, Maddog, we have some JHM B6-7 S4 downpipes in the works (not like you need them :P). But we’ve always had a great relationship with Fast Intentions so we hadn’t seen the need to release our own until this point.

Great to hear, I knew about all the issues before when you took a shot at them earlier. But it would be nice to see you all be able to supply a very competitively priced part to knock the Millitek name out of the B6/7 S4 forums for good. That’s about all they have left to stand on (catless 2.5" dp’s, and yet they still have a bottleneck down to 2.25"!!)

Yea, I doubt I’ll be needing them anytime soon. =)

Any word on the RS4 exhaust stuff. I know people can call and get some of it, but I’ve yet to see any real pics or info on the downpipe & catback that you guys are offering for it.

Dan is in charge of the RS4 stuff, so I’m not sure what the timeline on that release is, but I know it should be coming out shortly. Possibly first thing next year, but I’m not positive.

Yeah Madison is right about offering some nice SS downpipes for the S4. IMO the FI ones are just insanely over priced. I don’t get what makes all of them so damn expensive. It’s a single piece of pipe that you run through a pre-programed mandrel bender and a couple flanges.

I cannot wait for a JHM style video of an all-motor 3.0. A supercharger will knock B8 S4 guys off their high horse.

The question is: Will a 3.0 be able to spin all 4 paws?

Looks like Stratmosfail has been copying off JHM’s test paper. After years of doing FUCK ALL for the B6 3.0, they’re suddenly launching products (without a product to launch). I really hope it turns out 2.25 is shit…because this will again prove that Strat has no idea what they’re doing.

They’re just flashing the prototype up (they made them yesterday) and putting a $799 pricetag on it. Clearly they’ve done ZERO testing and are just trying to get out in front of JHM’s full release. Man I hate these guys.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/439613-As-promised-exhaust-for-the-V6.-Sound-Clip

The guy quoted me significantly less than $799 via PM. I’m still waiting for JHM’s release though because I have confidence that they will produce a better product. The other thing is I don’t think 2.25" will be sufficient for a supercharged setup on our motor.

I wouldn’t by anything from those guys. They never do any testing and there just making something to push on the excitment that has been created. Its typical last place team looking to jump in on the excitment of whats going on.

It is 2.25 and your stock pipes are almost the same size. There is the small section at the top but thats all the way at the top. Still nothing good can come from any of us getting parts from stat. What good would it do us. Not giving JHM the money just prolongs or stops the actual R&D there doing for our cars. Bottom line its better to actually support the company that is going to support parts that w are going to want to get.

Ahh, was just talking about this in chit chat… Even if the 2.25 was good for our cars, I can’t see another company offering something with comparable pricing, and even if it was the same or less I guarantee it would do so at the cost of cheaping out on the design and/or material.

That being said, based on the math showing the 2.5 being the best for the s4s, it would seem that it would also be best for us 3.0 guys, especially if moving to forced induction in the future. That’s just my poorly educated guess though.

well, strat will offer this one part, and as Shawn said will use the momentum JHM has developed to make some sales.

of course they can’t tune and won’t make anything else useful.

p.s. anyone notice they seem to be trying to undercut Milltek a lot lately? basically making a replica of a milltek part, then selling under their own fail brand? Seems weird. What happened to all that talk that stratjohn was working hand in hand with milltek to develop the parts for these cars now? lol. Piece of work.

Sorry guys, I am jumping ship, strapping on a stromoshpere “cold air intake” and the new downpipes.

Seams a lot more promising ::slight_smile:

Peace!
jumps off ship

hahahaha I think the ship you are jumping on has a hole. Enjoy the swim

watching from the deck of USS JHM

haha

Just wanted to bring this up to the top… Was on the site today and noticed a few new 3.0 maintenance parts, timing belt kit, pvc hose replacement kit, radiators, etc. Prices are really competitive (sweet price on the radiators), I’ll be buying a part or two myself.

/end plug :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopped on JHM’s site to browse around and seeing this brought a big ;D to my face.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/394797_10150475914878284_520488283_8947455_1636472081_n.jpg

I was under the impression that was “version 3.0” of the store. Is it actually a reference to the 3.0L?

Lol it’s in reference to a new website I think. It has said that for like, a long ass time now

Im not 100% sure what that means. I do know this. There is a gang load of performance and maintenance parts coming from JHM soon so its a win either way.

im pretty sure its the version three of their online store.

nope, JHM is dumping the S4/RS4 stuff and focusing solely on the 3.0. Damnit.

Also if anybody from JHM sees this, I sent an email requesting a quote a few days ago but still haven’t got a response. Mighty tempting to drop the money on some coilovers but I’m aching for ECU/TCU tune :wink: