JHM Exhaust Shipping

I purchased an RS5 downpipe/xpipe set 2 weeks ago on a Friday and haven’t heard anything back from them. They advertise same day shipping. I’ve called them today and was only able to get their voicemail. Is 2 weeks a reasonable amount of time to get worried? I don’t want to be one to complain so I’m wondering about lead times, hence asking here.

JHM is a touch sloppy with how busy they are (speaking from a lot of online purchases from them). You need to be persistent with them.

1 Like

I ordered my JHM Downpipes/X-pipe through Ape who gave a discount a month ago. When I ordered he said it was good as JHM was going to be delayed on some exhaust stuff, don’t remember the reason why. I’d just give them a call, you’ll get it as they are reliable, but when, is another question. Next time for any JHM stuff contact Ape or go to Redmistracing.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses guys. I appreciate it.

So here’s the way it works…they have fabricators and they work in cyclical patterns, moving from one exhaust for one make/model to another (or whatever else they have to fabricate). So they’ll make a batch of RS5 exhausts and then move on to say an S6 exhaust, then an S4 exhaust and then maybe S5 downpipes…and then back to RS5 exhausts. I have several clients waiting for full exhausts, downpipes, and the back half of the exhaust.

Generally speaking it’s a four week wait if they’re not in stock. And they’re almost never in stock, too popular. If they have extra material, they make extra exhausts but those usually get sold even before they’re finished making the batch.

I think they have three full-time fabricators. So nothing nefarious, they’re just busy. Plus COVID is still causing major delays on raw materials. This includes piping. I manufacture a few products myself and I can tell you there have been all kinds of delays for raw materials.

1 Like

redmistracing.com :slight_smile:

Mark bought the rear section (thanks Mark!) and I submitted his order yesterday and talked to Dru. The RS5 components are in production right now. Just an FYI!

1 Like

Thank you sir! Dying to open up the exhaust!

Some good news! Managed to get the Downpipes off without too much fuss. The trick is for the bottom 2 use a 1/4 inch ratchet that has a rotatable handle. My duralast from oreilleys was perfect. I stuck a long socket on the end of the handle for more torque and broke the bolts loose with ease. The top bolts were somewhat difficult with the drivers side coming in from the top with a 30” bar and 3/8 swivel. Simply unbolt the 10mm on the A/C line and get that extra 1/2” clearance and it was ridiculously easy - the easiest bolt actually. The passenger side only needs removed the angle part of the intake that connects to the throttle body. 2x7mm worm clamps and then simply pull it off. The next part is tough but the best way - as Ape has mentioned - is to use TWO swivels in 3/8 and a regular 12mm socket from the top. It will be a tight fit but it will work. Now I’ve got to deal with my leaking oil drain plug even after a new copper washer…

That’s your issue with the oil leak the Copper washer !! It should be a crush washer, That will solve the oil leak :+1:

1 Like

The more I read up on these cars the more I realize just how much different the cars are from even other German brands. I’ve got 2 sets of new plugs and washers arriving today. I’ll be updating if my plight can finally end. The car has been on the lift since Sunday! I’ve also got a very interesting idea… if I’m not satisfied with the JHM downpipe/x-pipe I may add on the ECS tuning center resonator delete for a temporary sound increase while I wait on saving up for the rest of the JHM exhaust. That means 2 x-pipes! It could sound ridiculous or it could surprise people. Only one way to find out.

While you’re at it you should add the ECS Magnetic drain plug to your car.

Steve you were right. I picked up 2 sets from the dealer just in case I screwed up. Worked immediately to stop the damn leak.

1 Like

That’s great news buddy glad I could help and all is good now :blush:

Like Mark said get yourself an ECS Magnetic drain plug as anything to help collect any metal fragments is a good thing.
I’ve never had any fragments on mine but it all helps to stop any floating around in your oil if there is any !
Just don’t use the copper washers they supply with it lol.