JHM Supercharged RS5

So a while ago I bought a bagged Allroad with plans on doing a RS5 swap later this year. Well, later this year came and I bought a RS5… I wanted to pick up a clean donor in hopes I could know what I was buying and also be able to part a good chunk of it out.

Essentially, it is more cost effective to purchase a clean one rather than a Copart one AND you know the motor/trans is good at the end of the day!

Well, unfortunately for me all plans fell through on the 3 hour drive home. Absolutely fell in love with the looks and feel of the car and I currently have the Allroad for sale at $16,000. Plenty enough to supercharge the RS5!

My only question though… is it worth it? Can’t seem to find enough documentation to justify it.

Without going into too much long winded details I needed an engine, low miles preferred and ended up buying a low-mile Ebay engine that failed in less than 300mi due to poor storage conditions, over a 2+yr storage and move there was condensation and some water that entered through a cracked valve cover, I was screwed.
I then found a 27k Copart car, it was damaged, easily a rebuilder so I was kind of sad to part it out. It ran so I was able to drive it right up and onto my trailer. I did send the oil out for an analysis (Blackstone) and it came back with flying colors as far as wear is concerned. The engine is now in my car. I wouldn’t necessarily shy from a Copart or IAAI car if it is a run & drive car, especially one that you can go and see in person. I still have most of the RS5 car that I pulled the engine from, I did sell the tranny but otherwise it’s whole. If I wasn’t moving long distance and didn’t have too many other projects it would be the perfect donor to receive a 4.0tt from a RS6 or RS7.

1 Like

I’m not too shy on the whole Copart experience neither, it’s just nice to know the condition of a high revving 4.2 that can be thoroughly abused before purchase. The 5.2 V10 in my URS6 came out of a Copart car over 3.5 years ago with 105,xxx miles on it and has since seen 32,000 miles on my swap with the last 3,000 miles of that being boosted to 7psi and making ~800hp.

Copart FTW