Jhm tune. / aft cats

Just wondering how hard doing the jhm tune by yourself at home is and before I drop $1600 cad
On the ecu and tcu tune.

As well I am looking to see if it’s possible to get the rear cats out without dropping the engine.

I have a 2007 s6 v10 with jhm spacers
Instagram is @haudi.6

If it helps, I did the ecu and TCU myself, never flashing Audi stuff before. You must follow each direction exactly as they specify. Make sure you have a high amperage battery charger, as the auxiliary fan will run (among other things). I had an odd ball TCU, and they needed to do something special to get the Tune to work.

Make sure your car is tip top before installing the tunes. I would change your trans fluid before you do the tune.

Enjoy, the transmission works a lot better with the tune. The 93 octane tune is badass.

1 Like

Thanks! I will probably do 91 tune because 94 or 93 is rare here it’s mainly 91 as the highest in most places!

I think making sure injectors (seals too), plugs, coil pack, intake manifold health, and carbon cleaning are critical to inspect, before going through tuning.

Also, as mentioned make sure the transmission fluid is correctly filled, and had healthy life if not freshly changed.

Inspecting all of the plastic hosing that gets brittle and breaks if you disconnect it rough (like I did). Also replace the Y coolant connection, and return line that runs in front of the oil housing opening.

Also make sure the engine mounts are in good health, they went bad around 90-95k.

Sorry for being dramatic, if you want to enjoy this car to the max embrace the maintenance schedule and costs. Welcome to the group, they are special cars. You are going to be in a relationship with a diva of a car lol.

The tunes are worth every dollar, consider the light weight crank pulley too.

Adam’s rotors are a nice quality replacement for brakes.

Sorry,

1 Like

The tune is straight forward and worth the money. Revolv0 is spot on. If all your maintenance stuff is GTG your flash will be nothing but fun for the car.

The ECU and TCU combo is a really impressive punch.

As for the cats. Your going to have to drop the motor.

1 Like