Karma Details

Random feature request: Would be cool to see what posts got you (+/-)karma.

Don’t need to see who gave you it of course.

That would be cool. I know my karma has dropped a few points and I’d like to know why haha.

I never look at my own anymore but I try to give it out to good posts

Generally when trolls show up i used to see a 4 to 5 point swing in mine

The only people who smite a guy like you are trolls trying to hurt you when you say something logical because it’s their only defense.

On the other hand when multiple members smite trolls for being idiots they go on vacations, that is the beauty of the system. One guy can only hurt you so much, but if the masses think you are an idiot…bye bye.

I belonged to an F150 forum that had something simlar and people could “like” your posts (kind of Facebook gay). The problem is idiots would just go around and like everything everyone said, kinda like bumping up their post counts with stupid comments. It was pretty annoying because you also got notifications that people like your posts.

It isn’t like you make a 1000 AR posts a day, you’ll know what you said that got you some positive karma.

I’ve been feeding meistah a steady diet of negative karma for not owning an audi.

Hahaha. Mystery solved.

Good point euro… I was just curious to know who’s buttons I had pushed lol.

Pretty sure I got dinged for one of my posts on the PES debacle a few weeks ago. Think I pissed off a member of rs246/A5oc who’s also a member here.

While I’d like to see all the details, there is something to be said about keeping karma is holistic and mysterious. It is an overall reflection of the user, and the collection of their contributions.

can’t imagine who…?

Ya I wonder - just a guess on my part. I noticed it went down while I was posting in the PES thread.

I kinda like how 6speed does it. If you get pos/neg karma you can see the specific post it was related to in your user control panel. And it also has a space where someone can leave a short comment if they wish. I’ve had people comment about why they karama’d the post and/or their username. So it stays anonymous unless they specifically post their name. Just a cool way to see who you’ve pissed off (which can be a good thing when it’s dumbasses haha), or who backed ya in a thread.

Speaking of which…

Karma is now “member rating”…

What gives?