Kayce saligo having mechanical problems with s6

Hello my name is kayce I just bought a 2008 s6 v10 with 171km on it.

Mods: There are different air intakes and I did a custom exhaust on it

Future mods: new wheels, ducktail, rear defuser,
Lowering springs etc…

I am having troubles with my car. When I first got it, it misfired when getting up to temp and now it does it all the time and bad, there’s also two codes showing up that it is running too lean. I parked it for now. I checked the plugs and coil packs they looked good. I don’t really know where to go from here. There are no Audi mechanics where I live so I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what is wrong with my car

Well you came to the right website.

Here is what I would recommend.

If you don’t have one. Get a rosstech vag com. They make cheaper units but this unit gives the deepest error info and on top of the logging you’re able to adjust modules. It’s worth the money.

After you get a reader you’re going to want to look into the main issues with the 5.2

Vac leaks - you can do this by doing a smoke test. A smoke test machine is a good investment.
Injectors - they’re known for going bad and will cause issues.
Carbon clean. This is probably one of the biggest issues that you’d want to know. How bad is the carbon as carbon too is one of the many issues that will cause missfires.
Coil packs and spark plugs. Unless you know when they’ve been changed it’s not a bad idea for a refresh.

That is a good starting point.

1 Like

Ok thank you I’m going to use one of my family friends code readers he has a really good code reader, once I get the codes I will come back and tell ya what’s goin on.

Keep in mind the error code is just part of the overall picture. What justincredible is talking about, with the ross tech cable, is that it grabs more than just the error code. So, you get more of the story on what’s wrong. So, being a code reader is just part of it. The ability to get freeze frame data gives a deeper picture.

1 Like

I would like to be able to buy one but I’m gonna have to save some money I’m still in high school and I don’t have the money for that at the moment. Just trying to figure out a different way to find the issue but it might just have to wait

Like justincredible said you may want to smoke test it; it might be sucking air in places that it doesn’t need to be. A carbon clean may help too.

If you are planning to work on it yourself, the full manufacturer service manuals are available at the audi erwin site…pay for a days access and download anything for your VIN.

I’d start a budget on this as looking at the plugs and packs you won’t be able to tell much of anything.

Good luck. Having an S6 in high school must be amazing lol.

A great car but a big maintenance car… Once the maintenance is done you’ll be good but it’s a bit of a journey to get there.

2 Likes