Lightweight wheels ordered, tire size

Ordered up some Advan RS wheels. 18x9 @ 18lbs each

Know this has been discussed but I never really comprehended any definitive answer(s).

Preferred tire size for the strip? Largely dependant on weights as well? 245/35 or 235/40?

Thanks.

Nice choice Haps! I imagine they are very BBK friendly…

I thought there was a link awhile back that addressed your question but I couldn’t find it.

Thanks Jupiter. I sure hope so. They have a pretty healthy concave design and are advertised as such. There was discussion, I’ve read through the thread, and maybe I’m just slow (very possible) but I did not see any definitive answers I could comprehend to help make my decision?

I’m leaning toward 245/35 actually for all around handling and daily summer grip and contact patch. I can’t imagine a huge difference between the two really. ET measurement would be negligible I bet.

Overall weight on all 4 corners will be just under 40 lbs vs the 50+ currently.

great choice of wheels! i’d put 235’s on them just to make sure there’s no rubbing

Thanks man. Thing is the overall rolling diameter of 235/40/18 is actually a little larger than 245/35/18. Have been schooled by more than a few wheel gurus that the 245/35 are less likely to rub.

I’m also not lowered too much anymore.

It makes sense regarding the rolling diameter but isn’t a 245/35 tire limited to only a handful of brands. I seem to recall looking for something similar but options were limited.

If I had a B5 S4, I would get one of the following wheels.

1. BBS CH/CO - they look the best, but aren’t really light

2. BBS RE - they look similar to CH, but weigh 17.5 lbs

3. VOLK TE37 - look awesome, and they’re super duper light. Around 17 lbs for B5 fitment. But rare.

On that Imola car, I would get Volk TE37 in gunmetal, and black out the front grille and window side trim. Winner.

I don’t know what those Advans are like, but I imagine you could buy the front half of a B5 S4 with them.

Jupiter - ya options are somewhat limited but the tires I’m looking at include Michelin pss, conti dw or hankook v12 all come in that size.

Saki - They aren’t much more than brand new CH’s @$550 (have them) or other BBS for that matter especially RE’s @$825…

any help on tire size selection?

JO already swooped on the Volks ;D

And I wanted some lightweight wide wheels. They will be used on other cars down the road most likely anyway.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/08/ejyhudaj.jpg

that ish is nice!! :o

Thanks man. I like them too. Been mulling them over for a few months now. Decided f it, I’m getting them. Happy bday to me :wink:

happy birthday bro!

Happy bday man. Great choice of self presetn!

Thanks guys! Can’t wait to take delivery. Honestly would prefer silver. These are dark gun metal, but at a discount so I’m good with the color. Just hope they don’t look too much like black. Not sure of the bumble bee look. But windows are tinted so should balance out nice I hope.

Delivered today…still deciding on redrill or stud conversion.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/25/nyretyhe.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/25/e6a7edar.jpg