looks like JHM Stage 1+ supercharger = ~ 500whp

They sleeve it.

Kinda like this:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180130/1eb8f61d9c6a64645cf57993714d2aa6.jpg

Super charger transaction complete. I should be getting the parts in a few weeks.

Its a lightly used JHM unit so I’ll have it looked over and once the weather gets on the good side. I can clean out my garage and look to do the install.

From what I heard there is yet ANOTHER 500+whp JHM stage 1+ car out there. I’ll wait for more information but hearing this after this weekend has me even more excited for getting my car JHM Supercharged up.

Nice. Personally, I can’t wait to see what Jimmy runs at the strip with his stage 1+ setup considering he’s got the killer chiller and RS4 transmission. I might be building a custom chiller myself so I can address some of the fitment issues.

I’m interested to hear how jimmy does as well. I know he spend the entire last part of last race season testing the KC unit to get it right.

The best part about the cooling system with the stage 1+ is how you can pack it with ice. The fact that JHM uses the vortec system is great because you have about 20 years of domestic testing that you can follow. While I really like the KC idea. I just don’t have enough faith in the AC system to hold up.

Did you hear that from JHM or other sources? I might know the guy…

Yours is long overdue, I thought you were almost there already ;D ;D

The KC System is a great idea, personally I like it and based on my experience and for my use it works well. It is an absolute PITA getting it fitted on the RS4. Well I guess it depends where you mount the unit, but in my case as with my Blower install I wanted to retain the OEM look and keep the hoses as short as possible.

Jimmy has done some great work and testing on the KC system and his results speak for itself.

Anyway, apologies for getting of subjet again on your blower thread I will start a install thread on my KC system and give my input and experiences there.

Im almost there still waiting on parts. Its ok tho. Its cold still.

Trust you are well!

Have to ask again, any progress yet? :thinking:

Cheers Rudi

Finially got all of the last parts just last week. I’ve been waiting forever for the seller to get me everything. There are a few little bits I have to gather myself but over all I’m looking to try and get some time to install this before the rush of the holiday. Next month I’m looking to try and start the install.

Good luck and have fun!

Good, looking forward to follow your progress. Good luck!

way to go Justincredible! S/C is the way to go …you go and install the kit and then send us a pic of the smile on your face!

techie question for the operation of the vortech v3 si that jhm uses…I was browsing the vortech site and they have an impeller calculator…did an approx measurement of my pulleys from beneath the car an the stage 1+ is around 3.8 inch and the crank one around 6.6 inch (both as i said approx measurements).

I run the numbers at the vortech impeller calculator with a shift point at 8000 rpm and it shows that the s/c is operating at around 50000 rpm with 52000 being the max allowable rpm. Surely this cannot be right …right? ii mean yes 500+ whp on stage 1+ setups with only 9 psi (max 26 psi) the unit cannot operate at so high rpm… plus with a stage 2+ build motor you should only need to change 1 pulley to get more power (i think…)

what am i missing here? maybe jhm is using a different s/c internal gear step up ratio?

Thanks I’m pumped about the SC and the fact that its JHM and vortech. Its been a winning combination for me for years. I have had several mustangs with vortechs on them and to be honest I was original hesitant to jump into another supercharged car because I had switched to nitrous back in my mustang days and I was so happy with it and when JHM had there nitrous kit and given how they worked with the original guys who started the NOS corp. I was sold.

But after years of seeing the great results and the fact that CV now has a supercharged B6 S4 stage 1 and I have had a chance to drive it a few times. I’m just sold.

Super excited. IF I car is like his I will be very happy. His car is hauling and its only a stage 1 non intercooled.

I’ll answer the second part of the question in a different post.

The Vortech superchargers love RPM. The faster they spin the better they run. From what I remember from recent conversations the JHM team has a very good working relationship with vortech. They were even at the vortech booth a few years ago and Vortech asked to have JHM place one of their cars at the vortech booth outside of sema if I remember correctly.

The point I was making here is as far as I can remember the JHM units are made to handle about 56000 rpm. And about every 1500 above 48000rpm makes about 40whp so you can see you don’t need a lot more rpm to make a big chunk of power as the wheel is in the sweet spot between 48000 and 54000rpm.

I know JHM has been constantly pulling back power on these cars to keep motors happy while making great usable power.

If I’m not mistaken on the stage 1 cars JHM lets a good portion of the boost bleed off in the cam overlap. This way they can spin the blower faster down low and just blow off boost up top when needed. Again the idea is to find and keep the blower in the sweet spot. the max set rpm from vortech isn’t because the blower can’t make more power or spin faster its because its internial lube only likes to get to a certain heat range.

did any of that make sense.

::slight_smile:
:-*

I was ok up until the cam overlap and lost boost part! …then I kinda of lost it…(sorry not very tech savy ::))

Just thinking ahead stage 2 built motor using the same parts of stage 1+ in order for you to get more power you would need to change the s/c pulley only OR adjust the bleed off valve spring to open the bov at higher set pressure?

how would our 1+ kit make more power supported by a build motor?

The JHM stage 2 is more boost and more power in the tune.

With the cam overlap just look at it like JHM is using the ECU to help pull back power and boost in the tune.

So just a small pulley swap and a tune update maybe with updated HPFP units your making a good chunk more power.

Even if you didn’t change anything but added in a built motor. JHM would be able to tune update you for more power. I would suggest you contact CV when that time comes.

So…I have another question in an attempt to understand how stage 1+ works…just keeping it under this thread to have everything tidy.

our kit has a diverter valve and a blow-off valve. I am a bit troubled about what each is doing…giving it a go at guessing:

diverter valve: releases excess air when you lift off the accelerator so that it doesnt return back in the s/c and damages it. if that is the case where does it release it to? atmosphere?

blow off valve: it releases excess air to the atmosphere above the 9 psi limit to maintain the required s/c pressure

how far away am I from reality?!