looks like JHM Stage 1+ supercharger = ~ 500whp

I have an opportunity to get a JHM stage 1 kit at a good price so I did a little looking around and it seems like the stage 1+ cars are really consistent. With seeing a constant trend of good power and fast cars It might be time for me to make the switch.

To be honest JHMs X mass sale and the great price for the JHM supercharged kits its hard to not think twice about. But I have been in talks with a guy who is parting out his S4 and he has a JHM stage 1 kit for a hard to pass price. All these things combined it looks like its time to jump

I have been super happy with my JHM nitrous kit for a while now and My B6 S4 has been serving me well. But I cant ignore the larger and larger community of JHM supercharged 4.2 cars and there success and how consistent they all are.

As many of you know I am not a fan of the dyno as the dyno is an easy tool to use to manipulate lack luster results in acceleration But when you look over this short list of B6 S4 and Rs4 results and the consistency the story kinda tells itself.

I would jump in on the stage 1 and then go stage 1+ it looks like the best way to go until I have my motor build sorted out

Just some JHM Stage 1 results
DavidS4 =480whp on 91B6 S4 stage 1+
RS4fan = 498whp on 93 Rs4 stage 1+
Pal= 512whp on 93 RS4 Stage 1+
Wellbit = 508whp on 93 RS4 Stage 1+
DenRS4 = 11.3@122 on 91 RS4 Stage 1+
Stage 2 JHM results
Dan@JHM 10.7@132 RS4 stage 2
Jason@JHM 11.0@130 B6 S4 stage 2
Rocetman 10.9@131 RS4 stage 2

This is just the sort list of what pushed me over the edge to consider JHMs kit there is alot more but I like a good consistent power curve and the consistent results across different brands and locations.

If all goes well I should have this deal closed soon and look forward to having one more JHM supercharged build thread here on AR

Double post…

Welcome to the dark side :smiling_imp: more info on your motor build please.

Holding thumbs you can close that deal soon and I guess welcome to the blower world 8)

Looking forward to your build and as MDUBZ posted before me, lets here more about that motor build!

With regards to those Stage 2 RS4’s, does Stage 2 imply build motors?

instead of fearing it, how bout just making sure the operator puts in the correct variables? (ie: wheel/tire size, gear ratio, weight, and weather) then make a run in SAE, UNCORRECTED, AND STD.

No fearing the dyno. I ran one for years and see its limits and how easy it is to skew results for those that wish to lie. Its a huge manipulator tool for scam artists. Dyno results really have been an eyesore for the audi community. The B5 S4s were plauged with high hp dyno results and super slow times. Even the turbo 4.2 cars have had the same fate. Showing inflated hp numbers while being much slower than all other FI offerings. So clearly dyno results dont tell you how fast the car is going to be and for me thats what I care about.

When you look at cars like the B8 S4 non of those fast guys even seem to care about dyno figures and it has rewared them with incredible times.

Your thread has been a big part of my excitement well both of your threads. Add in jimmy bones and a few other people who I will let them maybe pop in this thread and post about it were all big factors.

I will be posting more on both in the coming weeks and months. I have a direct line with a company local to me that can fine hone aluminum blocks. As you guys probably know you cant just use normal hone stones or tools on a aluminum block. I would feel better with sleeves but for now.Ill go this way and post about the rods and the rest soon

Yes… Both the S4 and RS4 stage 2 cars are built motors with a sleeved block. Not sure exactly how many JHM built motors there are running around on the street at this time, but it’s a very small number. I think there might be a couple more coming this spring, but that’s all speculation.

Back to the thread.

For those of you just tuning in. Quintin or Qdubz who has blown up his much slower cobbled together non running turbo S4 and failed attempt Mario all have failed with there attempts at making turbo kits for the 4.2 V8 so they both make countless accounts to try and post to make it look like there is actual interest in this, They basically look like the fools they really are. Quintin continues to make an ass of himself not even knowing how turbos and boost work. So it turned into a laugh fest where we basically had to explain what boost was and why turbo cars in this situation need to run over twice as much boost to make the same or less hp to quintin. What happened was quintin made a troll account and tried to post in this thread as usual just making an ass of himself and exposing himself as an uneducated troll. I waited for the mods to clean the thread up before I posted again.

Nobody has anything against turbos. Just these garbage trolls. Facts are twin screw superchargers are instant power down low that tend to loose a little steam uptop. turbos are delayed power with big lag issues and a lack of down low and C fuge superchargers are right in the middle and have proven to be one of the best choices in this application for acceleration power and price. The fact that the JHM C fuge superchargers are such a great choice seems to hurt feelings.

So it looks like Ill be parts of the JHM supercharged mafia here after the new year. I am going to move forward with getting the stage 1 kit for my car. Just waiting for the holiday season to wind down and then get with the owner of the stage 1 kit. Seems like a few other people have jumped on the JHM supercharger team as well. Looks like it has the possibilty to be a good year of advancement for the B6 and B7 s4 this year

First off, glad this thread got cleaned up!!

On the blower side of things, congrats, looking forward to your build and will follow closely, roll on 2018!!

What are you plans with the Nos setup, I guess that’s getting removed completely or not?

It will be great to have you on the supercharger side of things. The just nitrous kit is really a well thought out kit but the supercharger is something all over different. The JHM supercharger kit is the can’t go wrong mod.

How do I know?

http://audirevolution.net/addons/albums/images/499686894.jpg

I might have put one on my project B6 S4… Well, I did actually put on one.

Well now that’s what I think a lot of people will love to see. A JHM supercharged car in your hands plus jimmy and Mdubz and RS4fan and the list goes on and on.

You can tell you scare the trolls when they need to keep popping into positive threads trying to derail them with BS. If your a troll what you didn’t want was for countvohn to get a B6 S4 with a supercharger on it. Good to see the list of JHM supercharged cars growing as the platform gets older.

Happy New Year guys, all the best to the team!

just have to back up the statement that a 4.2 RS4 B7 needs a stage 1+ kit to be the car audi should have made. closing to 8000 kms since the stage 1+ installation, car is my daily driver and OMG what a joy to play with everyday specially with “theoretically” faster cars. keeping the OEM exhaust flaps at a fully catless 2.75" exhaust (added the flaps to the aftermarket mufflers), keeps the baby sleeping when he rides with me and that is just amazing!

Only actual issue I had was with the clutch kit being able to put the power down. As I wanted to keep my existing sachs LWFW I went with:
https://www.sachsperformance.com/en/racing-clutch/sachs-rcs/rcs200/competition-clutch-rcs2-200-n-o7-8-s-49

…and all clutch problems solved. I am contemplating whether a rear lsd-wavetrack, will help keeping that rear wheel power going when the one on the other side is being lifted. yeah…that sums it up for the family car. I will upload a video for you to see the car in action on a twisty coastal road…its fan

Justin we hope we see you opening a new thread as part of the JHM S/C family :slight_smile:

P.S: …with my 911TT gone, next project for 2018 moving forward is an R8 V10 (1st gen:2011-2013) and adding a TT kit. I will open a new thread at the respective section as I have a number of questions need answering prior to moving on with the project.

is there an update on this somewhere?

Not that I am aware of. CountVohn just dropped a game changer post. Should be a great year for the supercharged B6/7 S4s!

What signifies stage 1+ from stage 1, and then stage 2? pardon my ignorance?

Currently have a B6 S4 with a supercharger from JHM…

Intercooler

Then built engine

Thanks for the clarification. Curious to know how they make the built engine work with the Alusil coating.