Lordoftherings and I hit the strip...

So Lordoftherings and I hit the strip today… Very cold! His car is crazy with I believe the only mods being APR stg2 and roc euro intake… Stock exhaust, stock 19’s, stock brakes… I’m sure he’ll post the slip and details for the database… DA was 310 but it wasn’t a good 310 as it was 39F with 29.87 BP, and 65% RH… A similar DA with higher BP and slightly higher temp is much better… There was also maybe 20 cars there and they weren’t letting the street cars run on the right side of the track with the exception of AK getting one pass, his personal best there… This side of the track is usually a .1 or so faster and reads 2 or so mph higher and I believe it’s more accurate… Anyway, he also went 11.9x a few times on the other side and a few 12’s as well…

My car dissappointed ran a few 11.7s. 11.8s, 11.9s, and the wheel hop disaster 12.7 lol… I got there early and let it cool down for an hour in mid 30 temps… Well the tires got like hockey pucks… I tried to heat them driving around a little but couldn’t get enough in them to soften them much… First two passes I ran 30F 26R pressure spun and wheel hopped to the point I thought I broke something in the drivetrain it was that harsh… Lowered to 26F 22R and still spun but no wheel hop… Then went down to 22F 18R and still got a very little spin but cut a 1.69 60ft time… I was trying to heat the tires the whole time but just couldn’t get enough in them… AK barely sat when he got there and I think it helped as he was getting better traction for sure… Pretty bummed as I think I would have gotten an 11.6x today in the other lane and with some heat in the tires… Such is life… Hopefully, it doesn’t snow and they open next week so I can try again…

Here’s the vid of his best pass… I’ll upload a few of mine where I raced some of the “race cars”… I also have all of AK’s passes and I think his cousins EVO, which is a very nice fast car…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XroSN8rJKM&feature=youtu.be