Made some passes today...

Just to follow up here as well.

The FR5DTC plugs did not work for me. Car didn’t make it out of the garage before I swapped them out.

Back on the OEM 8s now and the car does not feel as good as it did on the 9s.

something is off for sure. I actually think they are engine blow-ups that just happen to be running APR software and not the other way around (ie: APR software causing engine blow ups). The reason I say this is because I ran stock cooling, saw some crazy IAT’s in the 90*C range, bypass valved fully closed multiple times without any issues (aside from causing intercooler leaks). I was sent me a pic of one that is being worked on , and saw something interesting with the intake flappers where it shattered over the cyl in question, and I think this may be the key to something on-going with our platform. The 3.0t is a stout engine for sure, but those plastic intake valve’s may be our downfall, but it’s too soon to tell.

Ron, let me know when you head back out to Thompson, I’d like to join you.

Assuming they’re not closed again, which they shouldn’t be since it hasn’t rained for a couple days now I’ll be there today around 5-530… I’ll call to confirm later today but if you don’t hear from me I’ll be there…

Made a few passes… I’ll give more details in the morning, I’m tired…

DA was 1204 when I made my best pass per dragtimes… Crappy BP and this car likes high BP but whatever… Track prep was average and I couldn’t 60ft… Had my best mph ever so happy about that… Slip and gopro below…

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af247/concordslim/IMG_1155_zpsmeujfvik.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjnvZT6ajRQ&feature=youtu.be

its incredible that the MPH keeps going up each year. That will be a 125.xx mph in 0 D/A for sure, wonder what’s in store for Fall 2017 now or what the next goal is?

That trap is a 10.9 for sure Ron, its too bad the prep isn’t as great as what it should be.

Yeah, indeed… I think the car actually had a 125+ in it last night if everything went perfect. Problem is we got into bracket racing and the track got pretty slick once the sun went down so I spun on two runs and short shifted into 2nd killing ET and MPH… I had no clue how to dial in to be honest… First bracket run I dialed in 11.19(I know optimistic) and went 11.60! lol Still won so I stuck around for another round… Upped my dial in to 11.24 and sure enough spun again but not as bad and went 11.47 but won again. It was a funny race as I think(slips are at home) the other car dialed in like high 17.xx so he literally started 6 seconds before me… When I passed him it was like he was standing still… lol Figured I’d try again… Dropped pressure slightly and of course the car hooked and ran good however, in my effort to shallow stage they claimed I unstaged so DQ’d me and didn’t post a time… I went up to the tower and he couldn’t get me my numbers so I wasn’t happy. The car ran good that last pass but not sure what the ET or MPH was… No biggie I was tired anyway and low on fuel so wanted to head home…

All in all I’m happy the car seems fine and think it was truly a fuel issue even though I didn’t do much better based on results… Car feels very strong… I don’t want to be an excuse maker so the times are what they are but I know the car well and it has a much better ET in it… Just need to get my launch down again, get some killer weather, and make it happen…

As for what’s next most likely E85… I’ll probably hope for another nice Wed. and give it a shot and then go E85. I want to run the Porshce some too before it gets to warm and try to go 11.5 or better in it… Goal is still 10.9x but it may take a little more to get there or have all the stars aline… Who knows maybe I’ll do a lw battery and see if I can shed a few lbs in other areas. I won’t be like the douche from Cali talking shit on Pete and pulling his seats to make up for his in-ability to drive…

I don’t even stay for the races, I just go to those events for the early test-n-tune, costs more than a regular test-n-tune but at least the prep is better so well worth it to me.

Your traps have you in the 10’s…you technically are already there once you can land traction. On a side note…

holy shit matt! 10.991@127.02mph and consistent 125-126mph all night ;D

and of course, keep me updated on the E85 development, that would be a nice option for me (and possibly jump ship to be honest…) to finally see an aggressive E85 file and not one that barely delivers APR/GIAC stage II levels of performance like the ones currently offered on the market.

Yeah, I usually don’t stay either but wanted to make more passes since I won’t get many more good DA’s until the fall… Supposed to be 82 this Wed.! lol

Yeah, major props to Matty! He’s been at it a while and really pushes the platform so very happy to see his results… May have to do that blower port afterall… lol He had a great DA but the bp wasn’t the greatest and his 60 could be improved so there’s more on the table which is scary really! These cars have come a LONG way!

I’ll keep you posted… Need to see where things are at… I’ll probably try to catch a nice DA in the next few weeks and then see whats what… I’ll need to swap out the hpfp which is no biggie but I think I’ll pull the blower and have it ported… I’m not into doing that myself… Time to step up my game as I’m getting left way behind! Got a few other ideas just need to get motivated! lol

A7 mod = 10s

LOL! Yeah, not too many going to get that one way or the other… literally or figuratively… lol ;D