Masters

When he was in high school, he and some buddies robbed a house. One of the things they stole was a gun. He then used fake id, bought bullets for the gun, and loaded it. His prints were left on the gun and bullets. One of the guys used the gun to murder someone a few days later. Cops tracked down Johnson.

He made a good witness for the prosecution’s case against the actual shooter so prosecution arranged to have him admit his involvement and rat the other guy out and in exchange he avoided jailtime.

^^Wow - I honestly was not aware of any of that. Looks like he was also charged with a DUI a few years ago.

Kinda surprising, dude seems like a straight-up guy.

Back on topic. I’ve always been a fan of Tiger, if only because I looked like a fat Tiger Woods at University. Rory goes without saying, but I like watching Luke Donald play. I’d love to see him do well at the Masters.

Guys like Keegan Bradley and Bubba Watson are great for golf - can’t wait to see them in action.

I like Bradley a lot. Bubba Watson I don’t really like. He actually hit me in the foot once with a drive. When he came over he was a right prick. It was like 8 am and there was nobody around. Maybe 5 of us. I was waiting for my group to go out (I was a walking scorer for the PGA Tour that year at the CDN Open…the guy with the headset and wireless palm pilot tracking shots and stats for a group) and was just watching. Anyway he was a real prick, telling his caddy to get the people away from him. It was very strange. As I said there were 5 of us…and we could hear him tell his caddy that lol.

He had only hit one shot the whole day so it wasn’t like he was having a bad round. This was his first hole of the day (10 at Glen Abbey). Karma bit him because he advanced it about 8 yards, then missed the green with the next one, then made double.

She just broke up with another billionnaire lol.

Chris Cline is like 55 years old. That’s weird. I guess she’s like 30 now?

Saw her in person. Not my speed. Definitely interesting looking though…but she had a weird nose (nosejob looking sharp) and big wide jaw bones.

For some reason this year I’m pulling for the sentimental picks. Ernie and Steve Stricker.

Sak - that’s actually pretty funny. I’m not much of a fan of Bubba. After his Masters victory last year, he went on this celebratory tour for what seemed like more than a month. It was almost as if he had achieved all he set out to, and there was nothing left to accomplish. Then when it came time for the US Open, all he did was complain about how difficult the course was.

That’s why I’ve always been a fan of Tiger. He’s never satisfied and has always had the mindset that second place is simply the first loser. Winning and pure domination are everything for him. I respect that.

I’d be very happy to see either of the two win.

as luck would have it they’re paired together Thurs Fri. Nice one.

In the Masters Pool I’m in I picked

Woods
Mickelboobs
Couples
Bradley
Rose

I’m playing Firerock this Saturday supposedly regardless of weather or accumulated snow on the course. We’ll see how that plays out. Pretty good though, $44 for range, cart, and McBroom

Interesting story about Bubba, definitely not such a fan now.

I wouldn’t say it’s a story intended to destroy his fanbase however I found it weird. He’s certifiably insane as anyone watching the tour over the past few years has noted. Lots of weird incidents.

The drive that hit me in the foot on the 10th hole in that situation (just the heel of my running shoe when the ball came through a tree) was interesting.

The hole is about 450 yards long. Generally from that tee (Black) my drive will end up somewhat equal with that tree in the fairway. For perspective, Bubba’s drive hit that tree about 25 feet up in the air, then bounced down where it hit me in the foot.

His drive therefore was airmailing the area my drives usually roll out to. And I don’t hit it short by any means. Fucking crazy.

I have circled the tee, and the big tree.

http://i50.tinypic.com/34in7v9.jpg

LOL @ Mickelboobs.

Saki - you doing that job again this year?

nope

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-masters--cheap-eats----if-you-can-get-through-the-gate-222556375.html

Donald is a fantastic golfer, me personally I think its going to be tigers year but I’d like to see Rory up there challenging

Karma bump for another Donald fan. I liked the trivia that he was the golfer who lived closest to Medinah at the time of the last Ryder Cup.

Speaking of which, this makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjVhYVoZZLk

Certainly not something I want to see at other tournaments, but just captured the mood of a brilliant Ryder Cup and showcased a lot of good young players from the US for sure.

LOL @ Mickleboobs, but one of my all time favourites

Poulter’s performance at the Ryder Cup was phenomenal. Hard to watch the Americans go down like that, at least from my perspective.