MOT time coming up

Hi guys.

So not had this issues before however my MOT contact I’ve had for years seems to have disappeared since pandemic.

Car should fly straight through really however I was wondering if I’m likely to have issues on emissions with having the downpipes fitted.
If flaps are closed (stock rear boxes) will that help.

Does anyone have a friend of a friend in UK that might be able to help. Not due till January so I have time.

Just really don’t want to go somewhere that’s picky then mess around getting fixed.

What happened to the good old days used to be much easier

Not sure of the MOT rules in the UK. Do they do a visual inspection for alterations? Do you just have the Downpipes but still have the Catalytic Converters? If you have the Cats I would think it would pass any emmissions test no problem.

You will be fine as long as you have your CAT’s still. 100% even with the stage 2 tune it will pass no issues.
If you remove your CAT’s then it will not pass the emissions !
You then have to find someone to pass it by bending the rules just like I have to do !!

Hope that clears that up for you :+1:

Thanks Guys,
All I have is the mid/downpipes from JHM

I have the standard Audi sports box on rear so I think I’m going to be ok.

Lucky my MOT guy got back to me so problem over now anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: not till next month but just wanted to prepare incase my guy did not get back to me.

Nice to know even on stage 2 will be no issue as I should be getting that in next couple of month now.

Hopefully will have it all done just in time for Santa Pod opening again.