Multiple Cylinder Misfire - No CEL

Thank you for those tips and encouragement. I appreciate it!
I took it out for a test drive around the neighborhood and it ran great and no more fuel leak, but I’ll be watching/smelling closely. Most importantly, no misfire shudder. The real test will be punching it at freeway speeds because that’s where the misfires really show up.
This forum is such a great resource. There’s no way I could have done that project without reading about how others did this. Thank you.

I’d love to find out who originally owned this.

Beautiful silver V10. Congratulations putting it back together too!

You’ll fix the leak and enjoy the car sooner than you know. Don’t sell it

1 Like

Finally got the car out on the freeway and it ran great and has no warning lights (except the TPMS warning since the batteries are dying in the wheels). Everything seems to be working fine so I’m super happy with the work I did to the car. Hoping to finally get to enjoy it this summer. Thanks again to the members on the board. I’m sure it will need something fixed soon. Lol

You guys were right…the HPFP fuel pressure controller is leaking. It’s super easy to take apart so it’s killing me to have to buy an entire HPFP assembly. I’ve got a Hitachi HPP0029 ordered but I’m wondering if the 4.2l fuel pressure controller HFS853-A104A is interchangeable with the HFS853-A105. You can buy the HFS-A104A in a lot of places but the HFS853-A105 is a no where. Has anyone tried interchanging these?

Yea, just put them on. They looking same? Yes. Same function? Yes, what can possibly go wrong? Will never find out if not try. I have two without any numbers or names, from china, runs great. If didnt dare to try them will probably end with new pumps

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement. I installed this fuel pressure regulator and it fit perfectly and so far no codes and runs exactly the same, but no more leak. I’m hanging onto the pump I bought for a while but so far so good.

Now the regulator on the other pump is leaking. Ordered another regulator. I will win…someday. :joy: