MY SINGLE TURBO 2014

http://youtu.be/L3Y7a-XhhUY

Haha, right on.

very fun great launch.

Haha that was amusing.

But an important claim at the end - we hear so much about B5’s breaking all the time and it’s good to hear one of these projects hasn’t just resulted in a car being parked for months.

FAW - since the completion of your build, what has gone wrong on your car?

Glad to see another video. Fuck QW

FAW videos are all classics.

It’s been a while since the completion of my build that technically isn’t completely completed yet. I’ve encountered many obstacles that has slowed down the progress of my build in the past years.

1. The first problem I had was a spun bearing which I believe happened because I personally modified a set of rods that RPM sent me that were made wrong for the 2.7t block. I later had a talk with Kevin the owner and told him that the rods were all wrong. With my advice and the fact I witnessed first hand that the rods were incorrect, he decided to redesign the rods. While he was getting the rods redone, I put stock rods in my block. A week later while launching my car, two rods bent. He then sent me a set of the redesigned rods that are still in my car to this day. I have the the first set of CORRECTLY made RPM rods in my car. Everyone buying RPM rods to this day should be thanking me for getting RPM to sort out the problem that they were having in the beginning with those rods. Now people are able to purchase affordable $390 rods.

2. my aeromotive fuel pump died, then I purchased a walbro e85 pump which died. Walbro sent me another free of charge. I later found out that my first walbro was wired up wrong, which means that I thought it failed. The problem I thought I had was do to not having it wired to a relay. I now plan on putting them both intank.

3. Clutch related problems. I was changing clutch discs every couple of months and was always kept from running more than 20psi at the track. My last outing was around 17psi. My car never slipped in 2013. I plan to upgrade to a twin disc in 2014 if my kids allow me to feed them water for meals. I really don’t think it will happen.

4. I’m on my 3rd transmission.

5. E85 and cold starts bothered me to the point of going to 93 in 2013. I’m happier and my car starts right up.

I answered you to the best of my ability. Its been awhile. I’m pretty sure I had other problems.

Thanks

Thanks.

This made me lol

3rd transmission… ouch. What keeps failing?

First transmission was damaged by my best friend at the track power shifting( It was always notchy after that.

2nd trans was destroyed by me, I was teaching my daughtere mother how to drive stick with my car. I know it wasn’t the correct thing to do, but I did it because she begged me and it always seemed a little difficult getting it into 2nd.

Glad to hear you are still rolling. I might just see if I can finish mine off this year too

Thanks and I’m pretty sure you will be happier than ever when you hear your car start up for the first time.

Yours moves out pretty good when launched. It would be interesting to see what could be if you picked up a cheap twin disc, I will keep my eyes open on the classifieds for you, sometimes you find people dumping them for less than 1k lightly used

nice work, good to see the car is still alive and kicking

hahha… nice

Wonderfully amusing. Nice to see your car is still running and running well apparently.

Nice