Need some help/insight

Any of you guys have an idea why my oil temps show they are running ~10-20 higher after replacing temp/level sensor? My avant’s stopped working and I replaced it with OEM hella unit. Now dash temp gauge is reading higher than before replacing?

Additional info includes it being a leaky mess. All top end seals/gaskets are being replaced next week along with timing belt job.

Also, pcv system is “updated” OEM replacement maybe 6 or more months ago. Thing is it did nothing to slow the leaks. They have got worse. I sure hope I don’t blow out the new seals prematurely due to some underlying crankcase pressure issue. I don’t get why after replacing the pcv breather assembly it is still hemorrhaging oil?! And by that I mean actually leaving oil stains on driveway and smoking a lot. All in the engine bay. I do not notice any from the exhaust.

Thanks in advance for some ideas/help.

Quick update/question. Been told that my actual cam chain tensioners are bad. Simple gasket replacement is not going to get it done most likely.

Sound kosher? No codes associated with these. Hell, no codes at all. Just oil leaks galore. Dude said that the actual cct can leak and showed me in car the accumulation. I knew there was plenty of oil there but figured it was the half moons and gaskets. Dude said oil doesn’t travel up. Makes sense I guess but I’m still not convinced.

The cam adjusters will leak from under… and oil can go all other the place!
Test them for functionality by using block 093 of VagCom if you have access to it.
Usually the only time they fail is physically, not an actual leak like is being described.

Thanks British. They stayed in place and unchanged (actual cct units). All seals and gaskets have been replaced and seems good to go. Such a relief to not be leaving oil drips everywhere and smoking every day.