New carbon ceramic brake disc option

Oh man, I JUST sold my Reylands in the UK. I purchased a set for measurement purposes and had been trying to sell them for a year, LOL. Were brand spanking new at a discount but an RS5 owner in the UK just purchased them. They’re a very solid option and home grown so I’d go with them.

And just to clarify Mick, you have 8-piston front calipers correct? Black in color?

Correct black in colour

Ah ok I was initially confused and thought you had front CCB discs/calipers. So any of the 380x34mm offerings will fit just fine and all come with spacers and new caliper bolts. But being in the UK, stick with Reyland. They’re a great product.

1 Like

Thanks Ape, I think I’ll likely go Reylands. I do take alot of tips from you guys and seems this is another good shout.

Do Reylands do a drilled and grooved option do you know.

I’ll drop them a line I think

They do plain and J-hook (a type of slotted) for sure. I’d stay away from drilled. Does nothing for braking performance and can be a point of failure if not cast in. Plus you’re removing lots of mass that way which is the opposite of what you want. Go slotted (j-hook) or plain.

Interesting, I always thought drilled helped keep them cool.

The J hooks I think I need to see on a car first, never used j hook disks before so not seen them on a car

I see options for straight, curved or J hook.

I’m so far behind the times haha since when did disks have so many options :rofl:

£875 for Reylands so saving myself a few pennies too going this route.

I’m presuming for the rears I would need the below

Originally AP Racing came up with the j-hook concept I believe. I think it provides the benefits of slots without the noise or pad wear but just guessing on that front. And correct, you’ll need the 330x22’s for the rear.

Awesome thanks Ape

I have Jhook on mine look ace I love the look they stop really well time after time.
The Jhooks are the most agresive option but will out perform the curved slotted and slotted they are also quieter than the slotted types, I spoke to Raylands in depth about this when I got mine !

1 Like