New Project.. Not sure where to classify it under but it'll have a 5 cylinder..

Recently was able to pick up a complete AAN 5 cylinder for a really good price and couldn’t pass it up…

Being that I previously owned a 93’ S4 with a fully built motor and a 30R with a decent amount of power, I have a true soft spot for the amazing motor that is the AAN.

After selling my UrS, I’ve had a longing to pick up another one- not being able to own two cars anymore because of space I obviously kept the newer of the cars. I had the opportunity to pick up a TTRS which i passed up and I finally ended up in my 2013 S4…

I figured I would pick up the AAN, build it from top to bottom, put together an obnoxious turbo kit and have it set for 900+HP…

Now here’s the deal, I know I want that motor, and I know the paper levels I want to reach but I wasn’t 100% sure on the car I wanted to fit it in. At first I was pretty stuck on putting it in another UrS, then I considered a 90 coupe or sedan… Finally it hit me, I wanted to be different and I figured what better car to put it in then an American Muscle car.

My car of choice is a 1971 Camaro. Whether I will keep it all wheel drive or go rear wheel drive is not determined yet.

I will update this thread slowly since this will be a slow project but hoping over the next 3 years to be at Waterfest with this machine running 9’s :smiley:

the motor is what is of interest so I’d say you picked the right subforum

I’d say RWD would be the way to go. swap will be easier and much quicker and with proper suspension work you’ll have better traction (for drag racing) than a hacked up AWD setup.

iirc some guys have done Audi I5s in Porsche 944s, so that may be a place to look for some inspiration

Do you have any ideas of what rear wheel drive manual transmissions bolt up to the AAN?

I would love use a TR6060

Karma bump for you. AAN FTW. Now change your username to Auditurd2.2T lol

I would say go AWD - it’ll be easier to get some sick 1/4 mile times. So that means small body old skool Audi like a Coupe or 1988-1991 80/90. That would be a beast for sure. Were you on motorgeek before with the 30r build?

I had a 73 Camaro and loved it. 2Gen FTW

I was on QW. I had a lot of parts of Edigregs frig. Jeff from Four Ring built my motor.

I was thinking doing the 71 camaro, AAN with B5 01E, custom driveshaft to chevy rear, gm truck from axles to gm spindles and adapted to fit the 01E. 9 second chevy on 235 all seasons, lol.

Love the 2nd gen. IMO best looking camaro!!

Wow, I’d never heard/thought of that, but that sounds like an awesome setup. I know a lot of the track guys love doing LS swaps in the 944’s bc they have good weight balancing and cheap to do. But the I5 sounds killer. Love that idea, may have to look into that for a project car down the road. A 944 with 600whp and dialed in suspension would be mean, ESP with the sound the I5 makes.