New RS3 Sportback Review

Yup, you became the fastest all motor B7 S4 on your 3rd trip to the strip…a record I previously held, which I achieved on my 3rd visit. Probably my 20th pass.

The funny thing is my first passes at the strip (available for review on my youtube) look a lot like the driving in my 3rd visit. My modlist changed, producing the delta…however the driving was always pretty similar. The first 2 visits, I had tune/piggies/catback/lw crank.
My best time from my first visit was 13.27. My best time from my second visit was 13.21. I made 6 or 7 passes each time.
I added catless downpipes and JHM launch assist, and went 12.99.

I think now I’m a quicker shifter but launching the car back then vs. now is no different. Probably saves me a tenth and gets me a MPH.

The delta between westwest’s times and other similarly modded cars is about 10 tenths and 8 mph. His driving is abhorrent. He’s truly ham fisted.

funny, here we have numerous lap times from European and American periodicals with high quality drivers comparing the cars, and westwest wants to discount them.

he would instead prefer to compare performance of ham fisted hacks who can’t change gear (namely himself)

[quote=“sakimano,post:22,topic:6883”]
Yet when it comes to drag race times for the S4 he wants to state magazine times… It’s whatever fits his ramblings for the day… Can’t even call it an argument because he is all over the place and never admits a point being made… True definition of a troll…

So I post a real world experience. Then you guys quickly google something to fit your context and call me an idiot for not forgetting what I saw, and instead siding with the links. How come nobody trades in their Cayman for TT-RS if it’s faster, in your estimation?

The VIR number is the most valid. Put both cars on Pilot Super Sport and the Cayman beats the TT-RS every time. Put them on R888 and that gap grows substantially.

Speculation at its best. I think it will be a fantastic car both on the street and occasional track use. West - you should consider one for your track needs, I think you would be surprised despite your questionable comments.