New to the B5, need suggestions for build

So I own an 07 Rs4 and a close friend of mine bought a B5 S4 for 300.00. Blown turbos and 200k on the clock. Its at my shop and ill be helping with the build.

Currently the car has a GIAC tune that eill be getting sold in favor of stage 3 plus tuning. APR diverter valves, and an RS4 clutch.

We are pulling the engine and checking all tolerances and changing bearings, rings etc. Everything will be cleaned blasted painted etc. On the fence about doing rods, he is only going with SRM billet Rs6 ko4s. Are rods necessary for this, or will the stock ones hold up?

Heads, he is looking at getting an RS4 intake manifold and building a set of 2.8 heads. I have heard mixed reviews on this, with K04s the head and intake wont matter that much. Someone please add to this as well.

Here is the list so far

SRM billet RS6 k04s
SRM inlets
SRM downpipes
ARP head and main studs
Samco hose kit
Replace all gaskets, seals bearings timing components etc (basic rebuild)
Catback of some sort still undecided (car was partially parted out when he got it)

Need suggestions for intercoolers, fueling and tune. For the sake of doing a very OEM build, hes leaning towards RS4 intercoolers.

Open to any and all suggestions. Im a bit bummed i didnt buy the car myself, i know once its done it will beat my RS4. But it will never sound like it.

Got things cleaned up and ready to pull the engine.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160824/7e0384224172a09b786cbc04d34c029c.jpg

I dont think youll see many replys. The B5 sene is a bit of a joke. SRM is a joke and typical B5 china stuff. The good stuff and good companys dont do much or sell much because every B5 guy tries to make money selling china parts…Enter SRM name here.

The b5 sene just keeps moving backwards and getting slower and slower because of all the drama and bullshit. Its all a buntch of lies and crap built up by the kids trying to sell parts. SRM made 5 or 6 different accounts and probably still posts on AZ under 5 different accounts bashing the companys parts that actually work… only to then post in favor to try and post fake crap trying to make SRM look good.

The only proven turbos are stright real ko4 turbos then JHM Rs6r turbos. The B5s are actually not that fast. If you have a JHM tuned RS4 your going to be able to beat most B5s. B5 guys talk about having fast cars but almost none of them are. Unless you spend real money and buy the tested and proven parts.

Honestly frankenturbo makes cheap turbos as well. Just get closed to ko4 turbos get AWE or RS4 intercoolers. Most people spend way too much money on turbos and dont spend the money where it really needs to go.

The best bet spend the money get a full kit and fueling from JHM with the RS6r kit. they have several cars in the 124mph range or faster. They have there 10second car. There are lots of guys running safe on stock blocks and its plug and play

Im sad to hear this. I myself always wished I had built a b5. I went from my TT to a b6 S4 to my RS4. So before he spent any money officially, tonight he bought a set of genuine RS6 K04s. They came with a set of downpipes. Hes also buying a set of RS4 intercoolers, but if there is a better reason to buy the JHM front mount im all ears. (They are the same price for the ones we found)

Now the big question. JHM has a fuel and tuning package for their RS6 r kit. I cant find anything on their website for regular RS6 turbos. The car has a hitachi maf already, and the guy with the turbos included a walbro fuel pump as well. So what do we need for a tune? Ill call JHM tomorrow and see what we can come up with.

The B5 is really more hype then anything. Now due to kids owning them and so many con artists coming in and ripping people off with crap that dosent work the cars have just gotten slower. Like its a laughable joke slower. Now with so many LOL DIY tune “experts” the tunes suck and the cars went from 11sec cars to 14second cars.

The B5 can be fun if you take the best advice you can get and DONT EVER TAKE B5 ADVICE FROM A B5 OWNER. There are a few good ones out there and several of them are on here.

The simple RS6 turbos with RS4 intercoolers is a good way to go. No need to make it complicated. See if JHM will help with the tuning as they still have the best results even with all the so called LOL experts out there.

Having been in a few B5s but in several JHM tuned and supercharged S4s and RS4s Once you JHM Supercharge your RS4 youll destroy and forget about ever wanting to build a B5

So JHM declined on offering a tune for it. I see there is a vast stage 3 tune with injectors and maf in the classifieds on another site. Id rather see him go new on the tune and from a company that is still in business. This is turning out to be more complicated than I thought. With the platform being this old, I thought there would be more available with support.

You could reach out to 034?

I was actually going to suggest that.

I know 034 was trying to really help the B5 guys for a while until the B5 guys started stealing what 034 was doing and sending some of the parts to china. The B5 guys have essecentlially ruined the market for themselves. But if 034 is still doing tuning they would be good ones to talk to.

Why not sell the Rs6 and get the package bundle from Jhm, then you not only get a reputable tune but also a warranty on the turbo’s.