New Top Gear

If this was a brand new, never before seen show, I’d still be saying I don’t like the main host. Just like I didn’t like Clarkson. Just like I didn’t like Top Gear’s first season. Still, I’ll probably keep watching for the time being and see where this goes. I did stop watching the 1st Extra Gear though and haven’t bothered to watch the second (and probably won’t ever watch them). It was truly that bad for me.

I have not watched the new TG yet but I hope it’s successful. Planning to give it a viewing sometime soon. The more car shows, the better. I’m sure I’ll enjoy Grand Tour more because of that proven trio but I’m always happy to have more shows to watch.

good attitude.

Personally I was starting to feel like CHM Top Gear was a bit…overdone. Same jokes, same tricks, same car reviews (i.e. “It’s great, so I’d not pick it”) and all around getting a bit tired. The DOP and music were the real stars for me last season. So I won’t be too quick to jump on Grand Tour. I’ll definitely check it out at some point but I won’t be voraciously downloading them on Sunday nights like I used to with CHM Top Gear.

[quote=“sakimano,post:23,topic:8708”]
You’d do well to watch episode 3. The show is starting to click. Ep3 felt fresh with the introduction of Chris Harris and Rory Reid into the main show. I was never a Chris Harris youtube fan, but I thought he was excellent. Rory Reid was funny, engaging and gave good reviews of the hot hatches.

I totally get what saki is saying about CHM TG being “overdone”. Chris H and Rory bring something different but better IMO when it comes to the car reviews. People hate change so I don’t see many agreeing with me.

Matt LeBlanc is growing into his role tying everything together in the show. His links were good and he had good banter with all of the other presenters. Plus his own feature was pretty awesome.

Chris Evans’ interview segment is where he should concentrate his energy. Leave the cars to Sabine, Rory and Chris H. The interview with the boxer and the actor showed where Chris Evans truly excels.

Who knows how the grand tour will turn out - we all loved their routine, I agree that it’s tough to see how they can keep it from being the same old same old

It must be said that evans has the best cars of all of the top gear presenters, in history, combined.

I liked episode 3

Is it streaming online for free somewhere? Or need a subscription ?

I was able to stream it free

lol

Hehe I’ll search tonight :sunglasses:

I just cant get into it. Not sure harris or rory are more annoying then interesting or what. Matt is a little like he just woke up before each time he went on camera but he is solid. evans is a little over excited all the time but not too bad when you consider you might get stuck watching rory or harris.

Also the word was that matt will quit if evans dosent. Not sure how true that is.

Well the first series of the “reboot” has wrapped up. Chris Evans doesn’t fit the bill at all. He needs to go. Matt LeBlanc has really grown into the role and should lead the team. Chris Harris and Rory will get better and have continued to be a breath of fresh air. Need more Eddie Jordan who has always excellent on the F1 shows.

Chris Evans had a 1 year contract
Matt has a 3 year contract

Guess who survives the break?

Also, 6 episodes is pathetic

Didn’t realise Chris E only had a 1 year contract. anyway, he jumped: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jul/04/chris-evans-quits-bbc-top-gear-after-one-series?CMP=soc_568

The article says differently though?

Some info on the Top Gear I’m looking forward to: http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/grand-tour-amazon-prime-everything-we-know-so-far.html

have I got that backwards? I thought LeBlanc had 3 years guaranteed money.

Evans was too over the top and I could never see past his hair
Rory was shit and to me had no credibilty he was just majorly annoying.
Harris was ok but i just dont think he is TV material and he isnt smooth to watch
Eddie jordan I had no idea why that had that old ass guy there in the first place. I kept expecting to see him break a hip each eppisode or him get rushed off to a hospital

Now Matt started to grow from the first eppisode I think its hard to find a real car guy who can be like matt and just be laid back and intereting to watch.

Hard to believe he’s already announced that he’s done after 1 year. Not that I think he’ll be missed that much, but surprising to see it announced so soon. It’d be interesting to know what future plans for the show are and how they originally planned on cutting back hosts (presuming they weren’t intending on keeping everyone onboard for all the future shows).

I don’t like new TOP GEAR! I love old three, this three is a parody!