New Top Gear

Anyone watch the 1st episode?

I skipped through a lot of it… I thought LeBlanc was decent, the other guy was useless just reading off stats on the cars… I’ll probably keep watching for a few more episodes so I have something to complain about.

I heard extragear was better candidly haven’t seen either though. Will check it out though!

I watched the first episode.
I’d say if you’ve never watched Top Gear before, it’s very good. The BBC production team is top notch, all camera work, all sound, effects, etc. are top notch, probably best of any car show (that is until The Grand Tour airs), it’s quite fun.
If you watched Top Gear with Clarkson, Hammond and May, then this is obviously not a very good imitation with a flair “we do things differently” when it’s not the case really
I liked LeBlanc and Schmitz, but the main presenter Chris Evans is lame, the only thing he has in common with Clarkson is that he dresses horribly

I watched but found chris to be not enjoyable. His hair made his head look too big and he was overly dramatic it was like he was over acting it didnt look normal.

leblanc was ok. I felt he was entertianing enough to watch but it almost seemed like his heart wasnt in it.

The camera work and sound was good. The angles were all good to watch from but over all the show wasnt top gear. The thing about james richard and clarkson is that you can tell they are not trying they just feel like this everyday. Its not a forced reaction to anything. Thats going to be hard for BBC to capture.

Shows like 5th gear never really were the big hit top gear was because it wasnt really at heart car guys. Some of the other shows come across the same way. The american TOP gear is painful to watch I cant even do it. The UK attempt of top gear without the big 3 was still better then American top gear but the new UK top gear left me not really excited for more. It did leave me excited for Grand Tour…

oh right, schmitz seems great, but barely got any screen time. It’s new to them, so obviously there’s a lack of chemistry and lines will seem forced. But the overall direction of the show seems pretty meh.

Give them time. The first season of the previous incarnation of Top Gear didn’t even have James May and was also pretty crap.

I’m of a generation of kids who grew in the UK viewing Chris Evans as a bit of a TV and radio god in the mid/late 90s. His Friday night live show TFI Friday was brilliant and he has a great BBC breakfast show to boot.

I’m in the minority but I think this “cast” could go on to great things.

Meanwhile I’m not sure who they poached from the BBC but the Grand Tour will be your more standard TG fare

I seriously cannot stand Evans. He just rubs me the wrong way. Then again, I didn’t really like Clarkson either but at least the other two kept making fun of him so that helped.

Leblanc did seem like he wasn’t all there but I’m hoping it’s just him getting into the groove. Will give him a little more time.

Have to say that the wife preferred this cast as she truly absolutely hated Clarkson’s bully attitude. Will have to see what happens. Maybe the BBC will lose some die hard fans but gain more diverse fans worldwide resulting in some growth? I felt Clarkson came across as quite racist and even misogynistic at times.

Leblanc is legitimately a solid comic actor. Hopefully they write well for him.

Sabine is energetic, honest, and interesting.

Evans is alright.

Harris I can’t stand
Are there other people? I don’t even know.

Was Harris in the 1st episode? Maybe I skipped through too much of it haha.

Harris was in ExtraGear which aired after TopGear.

Just watched top gear. Man Joey is acting like a dud. Monotone boring, and terrible reading of the narration. Someone needs to wake him up and give him some energy.

I liked Chris Evans. All around its not bad.

1. More Sabine
  2. More energy from Leblanc
  3. Less being nice to each other

Did you watch extragear? People were saying that liked it better than the new topgear

Now you see what I was talking about. It looked like Chris was star struck with Leblanc.

those people are likely 21 and think drifting a car is ‘siiiick’. I can’t be bothered with Harris. Very one-dimensional. He’s an imitation Clarkson with no charisma.

I was able to watch it over the weekend.

It was meh. I felt like they were trying to be like the previous cast at certain points.

Agree. But I wish they wouldn’t. They should gamble and put Chris Evans on as a live show with the other guys as pre recorded features. It would be pretty awesome

I just watched the second episode. It was worse than the first. And then I watched the first extra gear, it was even worse than the regular episodes…

I hope The Grand Tour pulls through.

oh man really. I was going to check out the second one with little hope for it to be better but to hear it was worse. Ykes.

Grand Tour should be awesome. I saw a few videos linked where they were tryinig to figure out a good name. Its amusing.

Just a personal opinion. I heard (before watching the second episode) that people preferred it. My hopes were raised only to be squashed lol.

second one was better

I really don’t think it’s that bad. Too many people are being babies.

‘WAAAAHHHH!!! It’s not as good as Top Gear used to be WAAAH!’

If this was a new show called ‘CARS’ lots of people would watch and say ‘yeah, it’s pretty solid’. The only reason it’s catching any dissent is because it’s not ClarksonHammondMay in the formulaic Top Gear they’re used to.

Consider this…5th gear ran for years…and was WAY worse than this show. Yet nobody posted about how bad it was.